40mph Noobs!

WaZo

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:angry: whats the score with these cyclists riding tamdome? yeah we share the 4king road! they seem to think they own the road. i was put in a sitution where i was stuck behind 2 of them riding tamdome in rush hour 8.30ish am. and i was thinking when they clock on that here's car's building behind them that they would drop in to single file. lol but they did not seem to care? so any ways i over tuck them. when i saw fit . & shouted out of me window what i thought of them . chicken chocker's!!!. so later on that fine day i got to thinkin. what would i of done if some boy racer was coming in the opposite direction (out of the blue) when i was over taking the cyclists ???? would i have a head on with the boy racer? or nail the cyclists? WHAT WOULD YOU'S OF DO IN THAT SITUTION? (eg) your over taking and it's lookin bad. remember split second decision. & be honest ..... unless your a lycra clad gimp.(cyclist) you know whos you are. you's need not apply this.

Anyone want to make a start on this one??

Oooooh! What a mess that would be having your head taken off by some boy racer whilst shouting Chicken Choker!! Doesn't bear thinking about. :o

If you went from Castletown to Douglas at 50 mph instead of 40 mph you would save 3 minutes.

If you went at 60mph you would save 5 whole minutes, wow

Get a life, chill :cool:

...and if you obey the speed limits the difference is probably half that if you were lucky.

Some years ago there was an experiment in which two sets of high powered cars were driven from Switzerland to a destination in Italy. One lot could go as fast as they liked the others had to go at maximum 110kph. The time difference over (I think) 1000km was about 45 minutes. They checked the stress level and the amount of braking and hard acceleration and of course the former group scored massively more than the latter in all aspects. The conclusion was that if you want to arrive without stress in roughly the same time don't thrash the car. If you want to arrive sweaty, in an overheated car and a wee bit sooner drive as fast as you like.

I had the dubious pleasure of being stuck in a line behind some doddery old cunt in a brand new Clio from Fishers Hill to Port Erin, and he couldn't bring himself to drive faster than 35mph.

He pulled in to Darnills to refuel, and I was sorely tempted to mention to him that there appears to be a problem with your car - as it doesn't seem able to go faster than 35mph.

However, this would have been lost on him.

He's probably never had an accident in his life but I bet he's caused a few in his time.

Driving over here is like being on a fucking fairground at the best of times.

Just calm down and stop being such an ignorant, intolerant. self-important twat.

Why don't you stick to the points I noted, instead of resorting to insults, you stupid cunt?

I had the dubious pleasure of being stuck in a line behind some doddery old cunt in a brand new Clio from Fishers Hill to Port Erin, and he couldn't bring himself to drive faster than 35mph.

He pulled in to Darnills to refuel, and I was sorely tempted to mention to him that there appears to be a problem with your car - as it doesn't seem able to go faster than 35mph.

However, this would have been lost on him.

He's probably never had an accident in his life but I bet he's caused a few in his time.

Driving over here is like being on a fucking fairground at the best of times.

Just calm down and stop being such an ignorant, intolerant. self-important twat.

Why don't you stick to the points I noted, instead of resorting to insults, you stupid cunt?

It's obviously escaped your notice that I did stick to the facts - you suffered a minor inconvenience and responded like an angry, ignorant, intolerant, self-important twat.

What's the hurry? (as many others have said) You live on a rock that's barely 50km by 25km and whether someone's driving at 40mph or 50mph even traveling the length of the island it's not going to be more than 10 minutes difference to your journey. I don't see anyone complaining about idiots driving at 70mph.

or they may be travelling at 64 or 80kph :D

• 2 weeks later...
Have you seen my best mate in his little white car that has "i obey the speed limits" written in black insulation tape on the back. He does 20 MPH over the mountain, then does 40 mph down Johny Wattersons Lane.

Just for you mate.....

post-105-1234018912_thumb.png

Stav.

Archived