Road Closed In Onchan

The Thriller

I dont know of any other accidents this morning and I have just been speaking to someone who has had some very bad news so I dont think the outcome of this is going to be a happy one :(

Do you think if they have had news of this nature they would appreciate an independant party posting the details all over an internet board??

What like the newspapers?

That is irrelevant, the question is should any friend be posting details on here?

I was not a Friend and i didnt post anything that people didnt already know, I could have posted alot more but i am not a glossip.

But you dropped a hint which is just as bad. IMO if you're not prepared to give the whole story, you shouldn't say anything at all.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As always with threads like this, we would appreciate it if people didn't post information that isn't in the public domain (ie news reports). It's likely that people that post on here will know who was involved and until the full details are released, anyone in 'the know' should say as little as possible. That also goes for speculation as to what may or may not have been the cause of the accident.

Let's not turn this into yet another arguement people. Pay your respects by all means but leave it at that please.

From Manx Radio News

"A 28 year-old Douglas woman has died after an accident in Onchan on Saturday morning.

She lost control of her blue Subaru car as it was travelling along Governor's Road towards Douglas just after 6am and it collided with the wall of a house.

No other vehicles were involved.

A passenger in the car, a 23 year old man also from Douglas, sustained serious head injuries.

He's currently in a satisfactory condition in Nobles Hospital.

The dead woman's name hasn't been released at this stage.

The road was closed for almost six hours while police carried out investigations and they're appealing for witnesses who may have been in the area between 5.30am and 6am."

Hmmm very sad. Those Subaru cars seem to be a bit dangerous, my mates mate had one (he is also dead now) do they 'drive' differently from normal cars?

They're just bloody stupidly fast, the wrx's are anyway. Insurance group 18, which means the insurance companies are almost certain you will crash it at some point. How is something that's been judged so risky by insurance permitted on the roads? They've no place on the roads, cars like that should be limited to the track.

Very sad news about the driver, awful news.

Hmmm very sad. Those Subaru cars seem to be a bit dangerous, my mates mate had one (he is also dead now) do they 'drive' differently from normal cars?

I’m not sure they are inherently more dangerous than other cars, they are a bit faster than a lot of cars and the way they deliver power is different from non-turbo cars; but they are only as dangerous as any other car.

There is no reason that we should be making any assumptions in this case. It is a very sad situation for all concerned and wild speculation can only be seen as pointless.

there must be a huge difference in build quality between the real rally version and the road offering. the rally version allows people to walk out of it at crashes nearing 3 figures, the road one seems to not offer this security at 30????

If I remember correctly there was a fatal accident recently on the Ballahutchin involving a similar fast type car (Mitsubishi Evolution).

These type of vehicles appear to be lethal weapons!

I wonder how people insurance on this sort of stuff even at 28 the premiums must be crippling. Still very very sad though.

25 years old is when premiums drop to a reasonable level for a performance car. also, if you can afford an expensive ( ish ) performance car, the insurance and running should be within your budget too.

If I remember correctly there was a fatal accident recently on the Ballahutchin involving a similar fast type car (Mitsubishi Evolution).

These type of vehicles appear to be lethal weapons!

LT

All vehicles are lethal weapons in the hands of poor drivers.

For high insurance group vehicles, insurers should insist on at least proof of an advanced driving course.

This may help to cut down on these all to common sad events.

Archived