[BBC News] Boy injured in unprovoked attack

Newsbot

I don't think things are much different to what they have always been. There have been people willing to pick on others and inflict injuries for as long as I can remember. i've seen viscous attacks in Strand Street, the old Lido, Cave, the Prom etc over the years and never seen anything in the press. We are just better informed these days!

• Roger Cyril Fogg, licensee of the Railway Hotel, Douglas, sentenced to six weeks' imprisonment with hard labour for assaulting Kathleen Campbell
  • Deemster Farrant awarded £25 damages to Kathleen Campbell who sued Roger Cyril Fogg for £50 damages for assault.
  • William Stirling, Onchan charged at General Gaol with stabbing his brother, Thomas D. Stirling, the proprietor of the Switzerland Sports Grounds, Douglas. The jury found the accused guilty of common assault and he was sentenced to six months imprisonment.

Oh I'm sorry those are news items from 1930....

Although my favourite:

• Two baboons escaped from their show cages on Onchan Head. One was shot on the pleasure ground, and the other in a bedroom in the Douglas Bray Hotel.

People just think it's worse, it's not really Douglas was a shithole in the 1930's too.

http://www.isle-of-man.com/manxnotebook

Hope he was a ginger.

Pr**k.

Max Power is correct, better coverage just means you hear move about these types of inncidents now. Over all I think the Police do a good job over here, I certainly feel more safe walking round town than I would would in most other British cities. Though it would be nice to see afew more officers on foot around town during weekend nights. Events like this show that yes we do have yobs and idiots about, what city/town doesnt, but we're not a patch on the problems in the UK.

Hope the kid makes a quick and full recovery.

Archived