[BBC News] Boy injured in unprovoked attack

Newsbot

It would be interesting to to calculate yobs/crime-per-head compared with the UK. I think you'd be surprised and not quite so smug.

Im sorry if I sounded smug, thats my intention at all.

All im saying is yes the island does suffer from unfortunate inncidents like this, but I don't think we suffer the degree of problems that UK does.

Id be interested to see your figures to.

well we jail twice the amount per head off population here as they do in britain who in turn jail twice as many per head of population as they do in europe on average so that makes this place 4 x more likely to witness a jailable offence than europeans..

the figures are not exact doubles but the are very representative .. and do not include immigrant figures {uk}..

Blind-eye syndrome methinks. Strand Street late evening on a Saturday night 10ish when it happened and the police are appealing for witnesses. I think it's the usual "I saw nothing as it's too much hassle and not worth it, honest officer was tying me shoe when that gimp stomped on his head, was doing a double-bow like me mam taught me" We can't blame society when most of us will just take the easy route, the shrug route, the I'm not going to be inconvenienced by this route. What happened to people stepping in and helping, everyone says societies going down hill yet everyone has got on-board the playground lets just watch and chant attitude when there's violence. Yes no one wants to end up getting a beating but hell, a 15 year old is getting beaten up by supposed grown-ups and no one even attempts to help??

I know the kid, and I can assure you he isn't ginger :P

However, these people mustn't be allowed to get away with something like this, it's not on at all!

Surely they will just be able to check the CCTV and get the license plate for the car? Isn't Strand full of CCTV anyway?

Someone must of saw something, like.

mainly because we come down harder on petty drugs and drink offences.. .. i would guess.

I think so too. You read how the UK deals with people caught with drugs in particular and then compare that with the Isle of Man, you just see how much interfering and domineering the state is in this respect. It comes across as being less liberal.

I wonder how much of this is due to a nasty state of affairs where in consideration of the parameters of what is and what is not a crime, any breach however small has to have an appreciably higher involvement of the police and legal system. In a sense it is fortunate that the higher level of crime in the UK reduces the ability of the police and justice system to do much about all instances of crimes.

Hope he was a ginger.

OI! leave gingers alone as Springstien once said in his song "You don't know you've lived untill you've had your tyres rotated by a red headed woman". Ginger women are the best

Blind-eye syndrome methinks. Strand Street late evening on a Saturday night 10ish when it happened and the police are appealing for witnesses. I think it's the usual "I saw nothing as it's too much hassle and not worth it, honest officer was tying me shoe when that gimp stomped on his head, was doing a double-bow like me mam taught me" We can't blame society when most of us will just take the easy route, the shrug route, the I'm not going to be inconvenienced by this route. What happened to people stepping in and helping, everyone says societies going down hill yet everyone has got on-board the playground lets just watch and chant attitude when there's violence. Yes no one wants to end up getting a beating but hell, a 15 year old is getting beaten up by supposed grown-ups and no one even attempts to help??

There have been one or two incidents in the UK of folks jumping in to help and winding up dead. Dick heads these days are just as likely to be on crack and carrying a knife (and prepared to use it) as no weapon at all. The lad concerned was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and unfortunately has to put it down to experience. I hope he recovers physically and emotionally, and the scum responsible eventually 'get theirs'

What goes round comes round - hopefully.

You really think? Maybe I have a high opinion of others but I would think that if anyone saw someone being attacked and hurt in the street they would call the police or make efforts to bring that person to account, if able to do so. I think think it is far harder to ignore it and turn a blind eye.

You did say this happened around 10pm on a Saturday in Strand Street. That would probably amount to about 10-20 people from Toymaster to Sam Webbs at any one point these days. Or am I exaggerating?

Dick heads these days are just as likely to be on crack and carrying a knife

Yes you are right, probably not on the Isle of Man, but even though I have had no problems in Manchester and Salford anything can happen at anytime when you are walking the streets at night.

Archived