Wanted: Bike Over 125

Cret

I want a bike ready for when I get my test done seeing as I've had to make a claim on my KMX that was stolen and never turned up.

I've got about £800 - £1000 and would consider anything that's roadworthy whether a full on road bike or a trail bike to replace my dearly departed KMX.

Preference would likely be a 4 stroke trail bike around 400cc but I'll think about anything I'm shown.

IF you've anything worth me considering then please post on here or email me - cret@ninjas.co.uk

Cheers!

Eh? They're not changing the tests to match across are they where you can only go up to a certain cc depending on the test you do?

Or is that a 'if some people had their way I'd only be allowed a 350 for the next five years then do 5 more different tests'?

Jeez. It's bad enough that I'm going to have to likely do CBT after riding 125s for the last 12-13 years! Serves me right for not doing my test sooner I guess. :unsure:

Ha ha! :D

Not really interested too much in having a superfast bike dude. I prefer trundling along the green lanes out in the countryside and getting out in the hills.

I just want something with a decent amount of torque that won't huff & puff like my tortured little 125 had to on occasion - I'm not quite a stick insect you know. :blink:

Eh?  They're not changing the tests to match across are they where you can only go up to a certain cc depending on the test you do?

Or is that a 'if some people had their way I'd only be allowed a 350 for the next five years then do 5 more different tests'?

Isn't the UK test set up that if under 21 you have to take the test on a 120-125cc bike, and are then limited to 33bhp for two years (any capacity, just restricted). Over 21s can follow the same route or Direct Access, taking the test on a bike with 47bhp or more and can then ride anything.

Not sure to be honest mate.

I'd always thought that you picked a test depending on what size bike you wanted to be qualified to use across, but what you've said makes more sense really.

Just hope I don't get made to do fcuking CBT.... :angry:

1st of September I believe.

Thing is, the next date for theory test is 24th July, so assuming I do that & pass I'll maybe find out a week later, when I can then book my 'test' test and presumably get a date back after 1st September.

So if that happens do they then write to me and tell me that my test date is for example 8th september & because it's after 1st september I must first do CBT training (which I would then have to arrange & no doubt then cancel my test & reschedule it for a later date etc)?!

It all seems a bit vague, and the einsteins I spoke to at the government didn't have the faintest what would happen in that sort of situation.

I don't want to have to do CBT after about 13years on the road on 125s, as my competence at riding a bike will get tested when I do my proper bike test.

Archived