Back Door Slammed

Mutley

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somebody needs to say this, however unpalatable and unkind it may seem.

Back Door Slam is Davy Knowles. The boy is touched by genius. There are plenty of people around who can play bass and drums, but only a handful of people (if that) on the planet who can do what Davy does.

its unfair to say Davy is the band, as each person brought their own little bit of magic to BDS. For BDS to be BDS, each musician had to gel together, and they did that perfectly, nobody else could have done that. Ross's drumming is perfect with Adam's bass playing and they both compliment Davy and his lead. they were one of my favourite bands and im sorry they have split, but im very excited now to see what Davy will do solo... always have been.

I'd love to know why the Management felt the need to lie in the statement - the rumour is the decision was nothing to do with the whole band, and all to do with a member whos ego has far outgrown his talent (as magical as that may be), and decided he can carry on the BDS name on his own....

I think you need to actually make it in the industry before you can become 'bigger than the band' and forage your own path without the need for anyone else, maybe someone should tell him that.

I think you need to actually make it in the industry before you can become 'bigger than the band' and forage your own path without the need for anyone else, maybe someone should tell him that.

Perhaps he thought the other two were holding him back from making it?

I don't know a lot about them, I've never seem them perform live. I got their album off iTunes and watched a couple of their videos and while the lead guy seemed to have some stage presence the other two seemed a little wooden

Maybe he does, who knows. Would it ever be admitted if thats what the reason was?! ;) Of course not, he wouldn't want to come across that big-headed and self-obsessed.

I think if he/the Management had nothing to hide, why make it out to be a band decision instead of 1 guy wishing to go solo - if there's nothing wrong with that, why not admit it? And if he really is the only talent, why insist on carrying under the BDS name? If he's that good he shouldn't have to trade on a (partly) established band name, he should be able to make it on his own

Archived