Back Door Slammed

Mutley

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I were a record label that was perhaps feeling the pinch of world recession, then rather than dropping a fledgling band from the label entirely (particularly after spending a lot of money promoting, touring etc) I would keep Davy on, who could most likely earn his keep doing session work, and of course maintain the back catalogue and name 'Back Door Slam' as a vehicle for him whilst he goes through the process of writing a second album, and while times are hard...

Of course, the cover story you would read back home would be the same.

BDS was Davy Ross and Adam, to say that Ross and Adam arent being replaced is wrong, of course they are, Davy will need backing when he playes on the 2nd album, from musicians who dont take some of the limelight away from the "front" man!!. Ross and Adam had improved in leaps and bounds over the 18 months they played in America maybe reaching heights not far from Davy. As for holding Davy back, maybe he wasnt comfortable how close Adam and Ross had gotten to him. You dont get to play with Kid Rock,Lynard Skynard, Govt Mule , Joe Bonnamassa even the Who if you cant play well together.

It wasnt a band desicion i know the band well and i too heard first hand what happened, its a sad day for blues fans here and in America and the rest of the world who didnt get the chance to hear the sound that was Back Door Slam

So do you play drums or bass?

I can!!

Though this is just me bragging, it has no relevance to the thread.

i can play guitar and xylophone aswell too and piano. nerr nerr. I'm well better than all of them. :P

its a sad day for blues fans

It's always a sad day for blues fans. It goes with the territory. Like being a goth or an emo. They get up in the morning, de dum de dum, and their woman done run away with another man, I said, their woman done run away with another man, de dum de dum, and they got the blues, every fucking day.

Yeah, but if played backwards the woman comes home and the dead dog comes back to life!

No, hang on, that's either country or western. Or the Beatles and Paul being dead or something.

It wasnt a band desicion i know the band well and i too heard first hand what happened, its a sad day for blues fans here and in America and the rest of the world who didnt get the chance to hear the sound that was Spinal Tap

Fixed.

Dearie lord, all these rumblings about someone having a 'massive ego' and getting too big for their boots...I for one wouldn't like a world where talent co-existed with the self-effacing gene. Neil Young would just be working in a hardware store somewhere - "just lil' ole me!"

Oh, and Strawberry - I wasn't aware that you had to have dangly bits to play bass or drums?

Archived