Back Door Slammed

Mutley

That's not a type of music, it's a type of instrumentation.

I am just a mere DJ, I play others music, so please excuse my ignorance !! :D

What would you call there music? Too Late is my fav song of theirs, followed very quickly by Stay, I really hope Davey goes on to greater things, as for ego, I know him and he has never come across as egotistical to me.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, and Strawberry - I wasn't aware that you had to have dangly bits to play bass or drums?

Wow, do I really have to explain my reply to SarahC to you? Try reading SLOWLY this time and maybe you'll get it :lol:

I got it right enough - but she didn't specify bass or drums in BDS. It's called teasi....oh never mind.

its a sad day for blues fans

It's always a sad day for blues fans. It goes with the territory. Like being a goth or an emo. They get up in the morning, de dum de dum, and their woman done run away with another man, I said, their woman done run away with another man, de dum de dum, and they got the blues, every fucking day.

LOL :D

That's not a type of music, it's a type of instrumentation.

I am just a mere DJ, I play others music, so please excuse my ignorance !! :D

What would you call there music?

Well they're a rock band. They play rock music, tour with rock bands, most of their cited influences are rock bands. Sure there's a strong blues influence, but the blues was one of the building blocks of rock. Everything I've heard by them seems to be in a lineage of Rory Gallagher, mid 70's Stones, Clapton, southern rock, all undoubtedly put the blues more to the fore, but no matter what daft accent Keef adopts they're still rockers.

Well they're a rock band. They play rock music, tour with rock bands, most of their cited influences are rock bands. Sure there's a strong blues influence, but the blues was one of the building blocks of rock. Everything I've heard by them seems to be in a lineage of Rory Gallagher, mid 70's Stones, Clapton, southern rock, all undoubtedly put the blues more to the fore, but no matter what daft accent Keef adopts they're still rockers.

They describe themselves as 'contemporary/traditional blues-rock', which I think is fair enough isn't it?

• 2 months later...

I met some random 50-something bloke in Richmond, London who was raving about BDS and, in particular, Davy. So much so that I finally downloaded the album even though bluesy rock or whatever it is isn't normally to my taste. S'alright though, innit?

Archived