Nazi Party

simon

Does it matter?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh my god people!

it was a fancy dress party! the whole aim of a fancy dress party is look stupid and have fun.

the only reason your all so bothered is simply because the newspapers couldnt find a better story for today, to be honest i feel sorry for him, because he's always under scrutiny and now, where he goes to a fancy dress party, it suddenly becomes a cold and sinister act in which he tries to bring back the nazi's to take over the world!

give him a break. seriously.

Errr...no

The 60th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz REALLY is two weeks away

You miss my point. The second world war is littered with significant events that are marked each year. The press has simply found the nearest and biggest one to make a meal of its story.

Nobody is disagreeing that it really is two weeks away, but to put it into perspective, Auschwitz was not the only camps to be liberated. Wearing a Nazi costume is not any more acceptable just because you picked a time that doesn't coincide with any concentration camps being liberated.

Personally, I don't see what all the fuss is about. It was a fancy dress party and I'm pretty sure other people have worn similar costumes in the past without anyone complaining. There again, I was probably de-sensitized back in the 70s when the Louis Tussauds waxworks in Douglas featured 'The Horrors of the Concentration Camps' as one of its main attractions.

I'm going to have to continue to disagree with most people on here.

This does matter.

Of course, we wouldn't be particularly bothered by the uniform if worn by Joe Bloggs but Harry is a prince.

If we just shrug our shoulders over this incident he will just carry on shirking is ambassadorial responsibilities and he could end up committing a much bigger gaffe.

How his many advisors let him do this I have no idea.

How can you say it doesn't matter when this story has gone world wide?

That's the affect the Royal family has and that is why he needs to stand up and be counted.

This isn't about the act itself or even the motivation behind wearing it but the diplomatic repercussions.

What ever you might think, Jewish groups have been offended and that is what matters.

Personally, I'm not that fussed by what he did but I am concerned about the Party Prince's general conduct as an ambassador.

And, if Jews are offended then it matters.

The response by British Jewry has been somewhat laid-back as there’s been a recognition that it was an act of stupidity by a young man who seems to be prone to acts of stupidity. The leader of the Board of Deputies said that he thought the act to be in bad taste but immediately accepted the apology.

Generally there’s a feeling of embarrassment rather than offence but a marked concern about those who surround Harry at letting him do it. There’s the Charles Clarke issue as well, but that’s a stew that’s simmering.

On the other hand the Simon Wiesenthal Centre spokesman really spat his dummy out which considering it’s based in LA is in my opinion more a posturing than anything else.

Archived