Nazi Party

simon

Does it matter?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ive voted no, just because i have the same birthday as him

*sigh*

I hope he doesn't feel the need to reciprocate your sentiments.

A Nazi uniform would be nothing compared to the worldwide furore that would result if he's photographed tomorrow wearing your pink yeti boots.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think folks are forgetting that he's not the brightest lad around. Who seriously thinks that under todays education system he would know the date of the liberation of Auschwitz anyway? I certainly didn't know it and I've been there!

As to being an ambassador for his country I personally hope that nothing is further from his mind. He should be attending parties for the specific purposes of getting drunk and pulling birds. Worrying about being an ambassador at his age. Are you for real?

This episode does tell me that he seems perfectly suitable material for the British Army.

I thought the 'younger' Royals were all about trying to be like 'normal' kids. Pah, the Royal familiy are pretty washed up, they don't have any say in anything useful that happens except arsy functions for people I probably could care less about. So what if he dressed up like a Nazi (I've not seen the photo) I'm sure other people probably have. Peeople get to worked up about the Royals.

And yes, WilDDog, they certainly do.

Only partly - that's almost like saying some Manx people are Scandinavian because they have Viking ancestors!

Eight of the current European monarchs can trace there ancestry back to Jan Willem, Prince of Orange back in the late 17th/early 18th Century, so you could call them Dutch too, if you wanted!

I voted it does matter. Yeah if he was just a normal kid then fine it is not an issue, but a member of the royal family wearing it at any time is just stupidity of the highest order (shocking coming from the royal family!)

He is a public figure for Britain and this article has gone world wide, what a way to be seen by the rest of the world.

However i also agree that once he has apologised there is nothing else he can do, those who want him to be completely villified for his actions are going ott he made a stupid mistake and has apologised for it, what more do you want?

I voted it does matter. Yeah if he was just a normal kid then fine it is not an issue, but a member of the royal family wearing it at any time is just stupidity of the highest order (shocking coming from the royal family!)

He probably wants to do the things just the same as any normal kid as you put it.

He, none of them infact, asked to be born into the Royal Family. People should cut them some slack.

If he wants to play dress up he has as much right as anyone else and to choose whatever costume he wants. I mean if he had dressed up as Lily Savage the newspaper coverage would of been just as harsh.

I can just see the headline now.

Harry comes out of the Closet.

A new Queen is born.

Did anyone find it slightly amusing? Like a Private Eye cover or something from Peter Cook. Almost 'situationalist'.

The Royals have been fighting stories of Nazi associations since the Duke of Windsor. He couldn't have been more silly - given the inevitable press interest. If it hadn't been a photo in The Sun then it would have been a story on Pop Bitch - where he is already a regular feature. He knows that.

Can you imagine the Queen wearing a Nazi armband? It's the world of Jamie Reid.

It seems, almost deliberately, silly. IMO. Almost like a 'koff gesture. Someone must have advised him that it was a bad idea.

He seems to have inherited his grandfather's ability to put his foot in it. And I can't help finding the Duke of Edinburgh funny when he gets his humour so wrong.

Can't blame Prince Harry for being stupid and young. And nobody should have to grow up in public. The European press continues to report doubts about who actually fathered him. Which must be horrid, given the history.

But I'm sure that there must be better applicants for his place at Sandhurst. People who are more stable and who make better decisions. Perhaps he doesn't really want to join the Army. We only have that story from the press. Perhaps he'd rather be an artist.

What next from him?

What on earth makes you think that people who are more stable and make better decisions re historical sensibilities are better applicants for Sandhurst?

The British Army is the best bunch of legalised lunatics in the world. Harry shows all the signs of being able to fit right in.

-

The few people who I have known who went into the Army as officers were actually quite sussed people before they joined. They were grown - up for their years. Before they joined. Ditto a couple of people I knew who went to Dartmouth Naval College.

I'm anti militarism (and have no time for people who love the military for the sake of it). But I've always been impressed with all of the Army people I've actually met. They've always seemed like practical and sensible people. It's a tough job - especially peace keeping and dealing with emergencies - and it needs the brightest, clear thinking, people.

A few of the best people I've ever met were Army and Navy officers. The people I knew were open minded, bright, intelligent and reliable. Quick thinking.

The sort of people who make good Army officers are the sort of people who are better than the majority of us, when aged only 20.

****IMO****

And yes, WilDDog, they certainly do.

Only partly - that's almost like saying some Manx people are Scandinavian because they have Viking ancestors!

Yeah, almost. Except the Vikings invaded Mann over a thousand years ago and the House of Hanover has only been ruling Britain since 1714. Indeed, you could make a case for it being re-Germanised when Victoria came to the throne - she was of German descent herself and married a German (i.e. the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha line via Prince Albert).

Besides, it's hard to take anyone seriously who keeps bouncing those tits in my face.

Archived