Nazi Party

simon

Does it matter?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wish we were a republic but that is never going to happen, nobody has the power to do so. There will never be a revolution and no government is going to create a republic because it will throw the economy and the stability of the country into complete disarray.

Ever hear of the English Civil War? The French Revolution? The American War of Independence? People who are 'revolting' don't tend to stop and wonder about economic stability. They're too busy sticking pitchforks into stinking aristos.

nobody has the power to do so.

Bit of a defeatist, aren't you?

Signed: Devil's Advocate B)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's 20 FGS.

I'm 19 and i wouldn't bloody do it. My parents taught me to respect people and try and not to cause offence. I stand by my remark that doing what he did was moronic, even after you have pointed out his age to me!

Ever hear of the English Civil War? The French Revolution? The American War of Independence? People who are 'revolting' don't tend to stop and wonder about economic stability. They're too busy sticking pitchforks into stinking aristos.

Hmm there is never going to be a revolution because people are too comfortable in life to actually bother, they don't want to run the risk of losing that comfort.

Would there have been the same fuss if the arm-band had had the hammer and sickle on it?

Should we ban Fawlty Towers, 'allo 'allo and the current West End show where the audience laugh at people dressed as Nazis every night?

THis is a feeding frenzy by newspaper editors, most of whom weren't alive at the time.

Holocaust survivors who have been interviewed seem more tolerant about it than anyone ekse.

They're too busy sticking pitchforks into stinking aristos.

Sounds like a jolly good bit of fun, say what? Har har!

Seriously though, I hope he has inherited something from the Duke... that guy is the most punk rock fella in the whole bloody family. The rest are crap and do nothing, they can go.

I can't believe people are getting so worked up about a xxxxxxx costume for xxxx's sake, he was having a lark around. There are so many other things he could have worn that you'd be giving him xxxx about for wearing, so just drop it.

For me, the whole issue is more about the quality of 'reporting' rather than what people think of the royal family.

It is a sad indictment, that this matter has chased other slightly more important issues off the front pages.

Such issues as, say, oh I don't know - the Asian Tsunami.

Personally, that puts the whole think in it's correct perspective. :angry:

It's sad that comics like 'The Sun' have to stoop to such levels to get a kick out of interfering in other people's lives. Yes, it was a stupid thing to do, and Harry should be deeply ashamed of what he has done - but we can do without sick publicising of people's private affairs, not just in this case - in general.

It's sad that comics like 'The Sun' have to stoop to such levels to get a kick out of interfering in other people's lives. Yes, it was a stupid thing to do, and Harry should be deeply ashamed of what he has done - but we can do without sick publicising of people's private affairs, not just in this case - in general.

All he has to do to become a ‘private’ person is to renounce his rights of succession and stop taking any form of taxpayers money.

As long as he takes pay and rations then he has to march in step. That’s what we pay him and the rest of them for.

Personally, that puts the whole think in it's correct perspective.  :angry:

Didn't the Nazis deliberately murder 10 times the number of people killed in the Asian Tsunami? Does that alter the perspective slightly?

Having been to places like Sachsenhausen and Dachau I am surprised and dissapointed that a member of the royal family would think it a good idea to dress as a Nazi. He's managed to upset a fair few people around the world, and comments that you hear like "it's only Harry, he's a bit ot a twit" don't exactly fill me with confidence for the future.

The photo is of the ovens at Dachau Camp

post-111-1105804728_thumb.jpg

Personally, that puts the whole think in it's correct perspective.  :angry:

Didn't the Nazis deliberately murder 10 times the number of people killed in the Asian Tsunami? Does that alter the perspective slightly?

Having been to places like Sachsenhausen and Dachau I am surprised and dissapointed that a member of the royal family would think it a good idea to dress as a Nazi. He's managed to upset a fair few people around the world, and comments that you hear like "it's only Harry, he's a bit ot a twit" don't exactly fill me with confidence for the future.

The photo is of the ovens at Dachau Camp

Well actually, no.

They murdered 40 times that number with ‘our lot’ alone.

Then there were all the others, the gypsies, the homosexuals (at least those who weren’t safe in high office in the Nazi party, that is) the cripples, the mental retards, and of course the political prisoners.

Then there were the Russians. At least 25,000,000 men women and children wiped out.

And of course unlike the tsunami it wasn’t all over for most in a matter of moments, there was the pre-conditioning, the systematic starvation, the working to death ---

And let’s not forget that the tsunami was after all a natural tragedy. The Nazis – very much man-made.

And 50% of the population of the UK don’t even know what Auschwitz was let alone what took place there.

But the next to the most important thing that we should not forget is that it took place a long time ago and by a different generation, few of whom still walk the earth.

And the most important thing of all to remember --- what happened, and to ensure that it never happens again.

Well actually, no. 

They murdered 40 times that number with ‘our lot’ alone. 

Having been on a day trip to Israel (from Cyprus) and seen the stars that represent 1 million deaths at the hands of the Nazis I should have known that it was more that 10 times

Then there were all the others, the gypsies, the homosexuals (at least those who weren’t safe in high office in the Nazi party, that is)  the cripples, the mental retards, and of course the political prisoners.

Then there were the Russians.  At least 25,000,000 men women and children wiped out. 

I believe Sachenhausen (just outside Berlin) was first used for the gypises and homosexuals, etc., well before the war when it was then used for allied soldiers and Jews.

When the Russians liberated it they carried on using it for their own purposes

But the next to the most important thing that we should not forget is that it took place a long time ago and by a different generation, few of whom still walk the earth.

In the past few monthe two of my father's friends have died. One was a prisoner of the Germans and forced marched from the foot of Italy back to a camp in Germany or Poland. The other was a prisoner of the Japanese and near worked to death. I don't think either of them expected to live to their eighties, death was always just around the corner when they were prisoners.

The second world war isn't ancient history for some people, it's living memory.

Archived