Jobs Going At Barclays

Dhoon Boy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
'given the market conditions'...which the very same bar-stewards help create. Those at the top are still sitting pretty, it's the poor footsloggers paying the price. That's just wrong.

Particularly when they've written a letter to shareholdes telling em they're going ot exceed the predicted £5bn profit.

Many jobs? Which area - IT, front desk, ... ?

I know of somebody who works for Barclays Private Bank in London (investment side) and was told last week that they are being made redundant after about 20 years with the bank.

I know of somebody who works for Barclays Private Bank in London (investment side) and was told last week that they are being made redundant after about 20 years with the bank.

Jeez that's some payout!

So it's not Island jobs then?

No despite the sensationalist (and wrong) headline in the Examiner the other week the 500 jobs mentioned were across London, Jersey, Guernsey, and the IOM. So each location is going to lose but its not the totally miserable news the journalists here have been rubbing their hands in glee over.

No despite the sensationalist (and wrong) headline in the Examiner the other week the 500 jobs mentioned were across London, Jersey, Guernsey, and the IOM. So each location is going to lose but its not the totally miserable news the journalists here have been rubbing their hands in glee over.

You will find a few going from Eagle Court in the call centre + a few low grade administrators v soon...just clearing out a bit of dead wood that keeps the seats warm.

Queen Victoria House wallahs are safe.

It was actually in the Manx Independent. The headline read: Jobs in limbo for 800 - Anxious wait for Barclays staff. And the story said the jobs affected people across the UK, the CI and here in the second paragraph.

You will find a few going from Eagle Court in the call centre + a few low grade administrators v soon...just clearing out a bit of dead wood that keeps the seats warm.

Queen Victoria House wallahs are safe.

Jobs at QVH are going also dip shit, Barclays Wealth....as my house mate works there.

Get your facts right before posting utter bull shit knob head.

Also, they've been offered voluntary redundancy which some people are taking ( my house mate as a point in case, since there moving back to the UK ), its also not just the " dead wood " being cleared out, there are also some people higher up in the food chain going.

I bet your the sort of person who sees a car crash and goes " wow.....I wonder if anyone is dead, lets stop and look ".

I'm praying you lose your job and end up sleeping in Strand Street, please have a sign saying " my name is PE and I was a MF member, please give me money " - I'll give you a golden shower.

Archived