[BBC News] £6.2m waste plant officially open

Newsbot

"The facility is expected to treat about 5,500 tonnes of animal waste a year including all the island's animal waste from abattoirs, farms and Minister's Toilets."

Sorry, could not resist.

The new animal waste processing plant at Braddan is officially opened.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7856794.stm

I thought the secondary incinerator burnt animal waste and clinical waste.

Now it will only be used for clinical making it a very expensive facility.

Nope, the animal waste plant had always been planned even before the incinerator was built.

The new animal waste processing plant at Braddan is officially opened.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7856794.stm

I thought the secondary incinerator burnt animal waste and clinical waste.

Now it will only be used for clinical making it a very expensive facility.

Nope, the animal waste plant had always been planned even before the incinerator was built.

I went on a visit and there were two incinerators-one for household waste and the secondary one for clinical and animal waste.

Now that there is an animal waste processing plant doesn't that mean they will not be burning it from now on?

Is this the same plant about which the following report was included on the the Manx Government website dated 7 October 2007:

The keys to the building were handed over to the Minister the Hon D Anderson MHK and the Chief Executive of the Department of Transport Ian Thompson by Mr Phil Robinson Director of Construction for Dandara Contracting Ltd at a ceremony at the new Animal Waste Processing Plant site in Braddan.

Seems like politicians open them and then they open them again. Why did this site need two apparently official openings?

Incidentally I see that it produces by-products for conversion into fuel from the rendering. I wonder how much money this brings in?

Waste Site opened ahead of schedule

Archived