Manx Radio Listening Figures Drop

Gagster

The radio listening figures are out today, and whereas Chris Moyles and Radio 1 are perhaps celebrating - I thought I'd see how dear old Manx Radio is doing. Unfortunately, it doesn't read too well - not for Manx Radio at least.

The 'rajar' data shows results as follows, for Manx Radio listening - "All Individuals ages 15+" for the period ending:-

December 2008 - 32,000

December 2007 - 33,000

December 2006 - 39,000

December 2005 - 35,000

December 2004 - 42,000

Looks like an ALL TIME LOW to me... officially!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are the figures for theother two IoM radio stations?

The radio listening figures are out today, and whereas Chris Moyles and Radio 1 are perhaps celebrating - I thought I'd see how dear old Manx Radio is doing. Unfortunately, it doesn't read too well - not for Manx Radio at least.

The 'rajar' data shows results as follows, for Manx Radio listening - "All Individuals ages 15+" for the period ending:-

December 2008 - 32,000

December 2007 - 33,000

December 2006 - 39,000

December 2005 - 35,000

December 2004 - 42,000

Manx Radio was only good for the swap shop they do/did as I stopped listening. Where an old woman could get the chance to swap some groceries, said there was some veg and some tins of beans etc and was looking to trade them for a sewing machine. Hearing that is a warming and defining moment, hopefully her family members were listening and had her snuggled up in a care home soon after. no need for a shopping bag she'd give you the one off her hip, rinsed of course.

It's not bad when you consider how often you lose reception whilst in a car.

or when you consider how tediously dull most of the content they broadcast is. If more than 5 people listen to Alex Brindley in the morning I'll eat my hat.

I cannot bear to listen to Mr brindley, he grates on me at every level. So one less listener here first thing in the morning.

I take it you all won't be joining the official facebook fan page:

http://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/Alex-Brind...21054724?ref=ts

or visiting the official website:

http://www.alexbrindley.com/

Edit: Have to edit just to say that, whilst I don't listen to Alex, I don't think its all his fault his show is like it is - surely he's only doing what he is TOLD to do?

I take it you all won't be joining the official facebook fan page:

http://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/Alex-Brind...21054724?ref=ts

or visiting the official website:

http://www.alexbrindley.com/

Edit: Have to edit just to say that, whilst I don't listen to Alex, I don't think its all his fault his show is like it is - surely he's only doing what he is TOLD to do?

He may be told what to do, but that doesn't get away from the fact that he is an annoying twat that nobody listens to (despite the propaganda).

What are the figures for theother two IoM radio stations?

December 2008 - 32,000

December 2007 - 33,000

December 2006 - 39,000

December 2005 - 35,000

December 2004 - 42,000

There were less awful ads in 2004. That's mainly what stops me listening.

I used to like Alex & Stu in the mornings, only listen really in the morning & during driving times [catch the 8am-9am slot, some of Stu's Moaning Line equivalent at lunchtime & the 5-5.30pm slot] and the amount of adverts these days is ridiculous. On a drive from Douglas - Laxey or similar you can find yourself only hearing adverts. Haven't these people ever heard of spacing their adverts out? 5 or so at once, then leading up to 3 or more to sponsor the news/weather etc? Bah.

Archived