Manx Radio Listening Figures Drop

Gagster

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don’t really care if people do or don’t like Alex Brindley, he clearly has some fan base to justify his existence. I don’t have any issues with the bloke and feel that his show is typical of breakfast radio.

You mean typical of most regional radio breakfast shows. Those generally being shows broadcast from small towns fronted by big headed twerps with irritating voices who are funny in an almost Partridge-esque way (ie, exclusively in their own minds).

Well, typical of most of the breakfast shows that I have tuned into. In fairness, I did qualify the statement with "and feel" and did not state it as fact - it was purely my experience. We'll have to agree to disagree about Brindley. It isn't that I think he is brilliant or that i am a particular fan - it is just that I don't feel the venomous hate for him that most forum members seem to. If i am being honest, I find the vitriolic comments most odd. That is all.

I don’t really care if people do or don’t like Alex Brindley, he clearly has some fan base to justify his existence. I don’t have any issues with the bloke and feel that his show is typical of breakfast radio.

You mean typical of most regional radio breakfast shows. Those generally being shows broadcast from small towns fronted by big headed twerps with irritating voices who are funny in an almost Partridge-esque way (ie, exclusively in their own minds).

Well, typical of most of the breakfast shows that I have tuned into. In fairness, I did qualify the statement with "and feel" and did not state it as fact - it was purely my experience. We'll have to agree to disagree about Brindley. It isn't that I think he is brilliant or that i am a particular fan - it is just that I don't feel the venomous hate for him that most forum members seem to. If i am being honest, I find the vitriolic comments most odd. That is all.

Alex is fine - leave him alone you lot!

Clearly the product it not right. It sounds more 70's/80's then "today". Laughing at your own "one liners/pre scripted jokes" went out with Mr Edmonds last century. Just listen to the major players today!

The big question is why this guy is just left to flounder in his own little world? Surely saying the same things at the same point each day is going to be dull to say the least. Why does Mr Tidy not take ownership of the product and retool it? The audience is dropping quarter on quarter. Strangely when Mark presents the morning show it sounds much more adult, which can only be good to an audience coming off the current affairs programme.

Does he still do that thing where he reads from one of those 'toilet books' you get at Christmas, e.g. jokes, little facts etc and then totally fails to credit the book? Isn't that plagiarism?

I thought it was the Beano!

A2-DTMposter2_2.jpg

Clearly the product it not right. It sounds more 70's/80's then "today". Laughing at your own "one liners/pre scripted jokes" went out with Mr Edmonds last century. Just listen to the major players today!

The big question is why this guy is just left to flounder in his own little world? Surely saying the same things at the same point each day is going to be dull to say the least. Why does Mr Tidy not take ownership of the product and retool it? The audience is dropping quarter on quarter. Strangely when Mark presents the morning show it sounds much more adult, which can only be good to an audience coming off the current affairs programme.

Alex does a grand job - gets up at some silly hour, on the air by 6AM while you ungrateful are counting your hangovers.

And there's nowt wrong with music from the 70's - some of us still remmeber that period when songs had tunes and words you could understand.

Sorry GD4ELI, but surely AB is paid for getting up early?

Not a great fan of AB although I am sure he is a nice fella. Hasn't anyone at MR woken up to the fact that the Breakfast Show's figures are down to Mandate and not AB? I listen to MR in the morning because of Mandate, not AB, and I certainly wouldn't go to the bother of re-tuning to hear the inane drivel he trailers before Mandate comes on air - like he is enticing listeners away! FFS.

It would be nice to have a grown up host the Breakfast Show each side of Mandate, it really would.

The reason why the numbers of listeners is falling is because people are waking up to the fact that manx radio is wank. Wank music, wank depressing voices, wank quality, and the most cheesiest annoying wank adverts.

The station sounds SO unprofessional compared to any of the BBC radios. When ever I have listened, the presenters all talk in monotone voices that really doesn't help when im being made to listen to crappy adverts advertising some mindless shit, and the most un-inspiring music ever puked out of a synth.

The reason why the numbers of listeners is falling is because people are waking up to the fact that manx radio is wank. Wank music, wank depressing voices, wank quality, and the most cheesiest annoying wank adverts.

Hey they could use that as a slogan fella...."wake up to wank"...it would work for me!!

The station sounds SO unprofessional compared to any of the BBC radios. When ever I have listened, the presenters all talk in monotone voices that really doesn't help when im being made to listen to crappy adverts advertising some mindless shit, and the most un-inspiring music ever puked out of a synth.

Thank goodness 3fm are there as an alternative then......

I gotta stand with the mandate being the reason fro what viewers they do have, although even that programme is become on long advert with a little added news and then some adverts and more adverts..

Tracey Bell...Get your little bit of sunshine... some Scaffolding firm..argggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg they sit in my head, not in a positive way, you cant blame Tracey or Ramsey bakery or whover, just MR needs to make better adverts, without the same 5 voices trying to sound different.

Even the presenter sounds sarcastic when he says his little intro into the little hellish numbers.

Sorry rant over.

Scathing indeed, and all the more so coming from a music producer who doesn't even have a mixing desk.

Archived