Manx Radio Listening Figures Drop

Gagster

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When oh when are people on the Island going to realise that MR are PAID to exist by the government so it doesnt matter what they do?

They dont care about how they sound on air, they dont care if they do things for the community, they dont care if they have fantastic adverts that will actually make people sit up and listen and make the product work for the advertisers. They would rather piss about with a stupid voucher type thing that doesnt work for the client at all - believe me I have tried it and it is shit!

I have advertised for many months on 3FM and I am reaping the rewards as we speak! The station is funky, informative (without the boring shit) and EASY to listen to - obviously proved by their latest figures!

I for one am BORED SHITLESS when I tune into Manx Radio - the presenters all sound like they are about to slit their wrists - when they are not saying 'erm' every 2 seconds!

When oh when are people on the Island going to realise that MR are PAID to exist by the government so it doesnt matter what they do?

They dont care about how they sound on air, they dont care if they do things for the community, they dont care if they have fantastic adverts that will actually make people sit up and listen and make the product work for the advertisers. They would rather piss about with a stupid voucher type thing that doesnt work for the client at all - believe me I have tried it and it is shit!

I have advertised for many months on 3FM and I am reaping the rewards as we speak! The station is funky, informative (without the boring shit) and EASY to listen to - obviously proved by their latest figures!

I for one am BORED SHITLESS when I tune into Manx Radio - the presenters all sound like they are about to slit their wrists - when they are not saying 'erm' every 2 seconds!

Do you work in the 3FM Sales & Marketing Department ? :D

If I had to have a radio on at work and I did not have the Internet choice, I would have 3FM over MR anyday. Except for Mandate I never turn MR on.

3fm funky? Oh please you have to be connected with the station. Its like listening to Steve Wright in the afternoon on constant loop. The music is stuck in the seventies which is round about the last time one of the owners changed his haircut. They were playing the Steve Miller Band on the breakfast show the other morning - hardly funky if your under 45.

What I find strange about 3fm etc is, ok it's their brief to play "the classics", so they play old music, but they don't play the old music that people still listen to. If you take the 80's as an example, whilst bands like the Smiths, Pogues, and JMC get lavish reissues, a reformed MBV play sell out tours, Stone Roses get offered millions to reform, 3fm is playing "We Built this City", Baltamora, and Cutting Crew. If you must play ancient music play stuff that's stood the test of time not disposable crap, that the rest of the world disposed of 20 years ago.

I hear the MR bigwigs might be scratching their heads over their 9 - 10 AM hour. After the last figures showed a steep fall off in audience it was decided to give AB an extended show. The reasoning being it was thought he could keep his "fab" listeners with him.

Has it worked?

In my opinion the big problem with the MR mid-morning show is it something that can be heard on any other local radio station. They usually only have a small budget for music and DJ chat.

Poor Chris seems to be stuck in the "Nicey and Smashie" world of radio. He even seems to have his own personal playlist. Manx Radio could make it sound so different to Energy & 3FM. It has the money and staff to do more adventurous items ie. Public Service Broadcasting.

In my opinion the big problem with the MR mid-morning show is it something that can be heard on any other local radio station.

You would hardly know it's a station on the Island...

I gotta stand with the mandate being the reason fro what viewers they do have, although even that programme is become on long advert with a little added news and then some adverts and more adverts..

Is that the one where the "Stockmarket Update" is shorter than the advert/sponsor info either side of it!

• 2 weeks later...

I am doing my very best at the moment but listening to Chris Williams trashing the music, rabbiting on about nothing and thinking he's still on a pirate ship is just too much.

Stuff the Hospice etc. - let's start a fund to buy CW his own boat, then we can take it and him outside the 3 mile limit and SINK IT.

How can any marginally intelligent person listen to this???

(rant over)

Archived