Tourism Awards?

Lonan3

In the absence of a 'Can you believe it?' section, I've put this MR LINK here.

Tourism in the Isle of Man will be celebrated at lunchtime today.

Professor Hugh Davidson will be the guest speaker at the 2008 Tourism Awards at the Villa Marina.

Prizes will be presented in a number of categories, among them best town/village; best night out; area of most scenic beauty; attraction of the year and best customer service.

DTL officials will also hand over a special award for 'Significant contribution to Tourism'.

No glittering awards evening replete with civic leaders, local dignitaries, a tribute singer and compared by a bloke in a jumper?

Shame.

Professor Hugh Davidson will be the guest speaker at the 2008 Tourism Awards at the Villa Marina.

Prizes will be presented in a number of categories, among them best town/village; best night out; area of most scenic beauty; attraction of the year and best customer service.

DTL officials will also hand over a special award for 'Significant contribution to Tourism'.

Seriously - this has to made up, innit?

Reminds me of Rutland Weekend Television for some reason.

And 'Best customer service' - hope the girls in Looney's of Ramsey get the prize.

Seriously - this has to made up, innit?

Reminds me of Rutland Weekend Television for some reason.

And 'Best customer service' - hope the girls in Looney's of Ramsey get the prize.

I voted in the best customer service category, as we recieved excellent customer service....

Best Night Out????

That's a laugh, they should have an award for the best night out prevention squad!

Canditates:

IoM Constabulary

The Licencing Comittee

IoM Breweries

The DTL

And the winner is......

On the subject of nights out, around Christmas I was walking along Chester Street about 8 am when I spotted a Pizza box perched on a big wheelie bin near the back of Spam Dregs. Anyway, whoever had bought it the night before had eaten the whole thing and then in what seems an amazing feat of bodily control, puked the whole shebang back into the box without any spillage. Pity he hadn't thought to close the lid though. Mr and Mrs Gull were fastidiously breakfasting on the contents.

Archived