[BBC News] Pedestrian 'critical' after crash

Newsbot

People drive too fast near pedestrians in general, we walked home (to Douglas) from Crosby one night, never again, I was petrified (we go the old Railway line now, bit dark but better than being sucked into the road by some manic in a motor)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People drive too fast near pedestrians in general, we walked home (to Douglas) from Crosby one night, never again, I was petrified (we go the old Railway line now, bit dark but better than being sucked into the road by some manic in a motor)

Stupid isn't it? That's people walking there for gods sake, why would you risk their lives because you're in so much of a bloody hurry to go where? It's life or death that you reach home 2 mins sooner? Does my nut in.

Sebrof, 'pedestrians have no place there' and 'pedestrians aren't safe there' are two very different statements in my book, and attitudes like that only make it worse.

I said it was no place for a pedestrian on a dark, wet, and windy night, and the facts appear to back me up.

And my reason for saying pedestrians have no place there is that they are not safe there. Seems logical to me.

Anyway, we don't know what actually happened and I think we've said enough. It's very sad, whatever the whys and wherefores.

S

Anyway, we don't know what actually happened and I think we've said enough. It's very sad, whatever the whys and wherefores.

S

This is the only thing you have said I agree with.

My son Matthew (20yrs old) was the pedestrian. Things are looking a lot better than 12hrs ago. We really didn't know what was going to happen. After 5 hrs in theatre this morning he is now off the ventilator, and talking a bit.

I am just so happy he is back. As is all his family and friends.

Rab

I am just so happy he is back.

So am I, get well soon. The suggestion that people should shoulder some sort of responsibility for no reason other than walking on a pavement in the dark and with a strong wind is crazy.

If you lose your life savings by doing nothing more risky than putting them in a bank, or nearly lose your life on the roads, there will always be some smug cock-end to tell you how it was your fault to begin with. His name will be Sebrof.

All the best to you and yours, Rab

That must have been a horrendous time for you and your family Rab.

We'll all keep our fingers crossed that everything will be ok and that he makes a full recovery, all the best.

10 years ago I fell asleep on the road there, if it wasnt for a taxi driver who pulled over and woke me up then god knows what would have happened. It is a bastard of a place to get home from but at the end of the day if you have enough money to get pissed then you should have enough to get a taxi.

learnt my lesson and always tip the taxi drivers

10 years ago I fell asleep on the road there, if it wasnt for a taxi driver who pulled over and woke me up then god knows what would have happened. It is a bastard of a place to get home from but at the end of the day if you have enough money to get pissed then you should have enough to get a taxi.

learnt my lesson and always tip the taxi drivers

I think we've all learnt something today. In fact, for generations to come old folk will be regaling their grandchildren with - Road To Peel - The Parable Of The Narcoleptic Dipsomaniac.

Archived