[BBC News] Pedestrian 'critical' after crash

Newsbot

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 years ago I fell asleep on the road there, if it wasnt for a taxi driver who pulled over and woke me up then god knows what would have happened. It is a bastard of a place to get home from but at the end of the day if you have enough money to get pissed then you should have enough to get a taxi.

learnt my lesson and always tip the taxi drivers

are you a cab driver?

I would like to thank everyone for the get well wishes for Matthew. I have printed them all out for him to read.

He has shown great spirit, and the Doctors and Nurses have been wonderful. He has now left the ICU unit and moved to another ward.

The fighting spirit he has shown since the accident will get him though the tough times ahead. His family and friends are all there to help him.

Thanks

Rab

There is a pavement all the way from Peel to St. Johns. (in actual fact there is a pavement all the way from Peel to Douglas)

Aye, only on one side tho:

post-7-1233426511_thumb.jpg

Sebrof, 'pedestrians have no place there' and 'pedestrians aren't safe there' are two very different statements in my book, and attitudes like that only make it worse.

People in cars seem cocooned to other life most of the time, it's disturbing how detached drivers can be.

Sorry to be picky but was the pedastrian on the road or on the pavement?

If he was on the road, why was he not using the pavement on the other side of the road? Yes that means he has to cross the road if his location is on the other side of the road but surely his safety would be better maintained staying on the pavement until he needs to cross.

Glad to hear he is on the mend Rab - can't imagine just how unpleasant & scary this must have been for all concerned.

Must have taken a lot of emotional strain, so good luck to all.

Archived