Quake Live Beta

Shill

I managed to blag an invite to the Quake Live Beta. Oh my god i'm a happy bunny. Basically it is Quake 3 with bells and whistles in a web browser. It runs super slick either in windowed mode or full screen. All the original maps are there as well as some groovy new ones. Every possible Gametype is in there. The website for it is great too, friends lists, stats, profiles, control methods, resolution, graphics options.

Because the whole game is based around a web browser the community aspect really shines. You can organise team games etc. I'm sure there is probably a league system is well, havent delved too deep as yet.

It's bloody great fun though.

If you are already on it please add me as a friend - Shill

The website is at http://beta.quakelive.com

Has it got RA3?

No, it does however have

FFA

TDM

CTF

Clan Arena

Instagib

Duel

As RA3 was pretty popular hopefully they will add it before it goes live.

No, it does however have

FFA

TDM

CTF

Clan Arena

Instagib

Duel

As RA3 was pretty popular hopefully they will add it before it goes live.

I'd be happy with just Clan Arena if it's implemented well. Keep me in mind if you get any invites :)

Couple of things to point out. Its only compatible with Firefox and IE and you need to run the browser as an administrator or sometimes punkbuster has a fit.

All invites gone i'm afraid.

Cheers Shill! Post your tags here if you got on, so I can add you as big gay friends.

Gave it a quick burn, and I'm quite impressed. It is basically quake 3 but with a decent portal/matchmaking system attached which is a pretty good idea as quake 3 was always an awesome game. Be interesting to know if the old thing can hold interest. Being free deffo helps.

Quake 3 had a great community back in the day. When Barrysworld ceased to exist that spelled the end of it. I really hope that QuakeLive can rejuvinate it.

Quake 3 had a great community back in the day. When Barrysworld ceased to exist that spelled the end of it. I really hope that QuakeLive can rejuvinate it.

Daft there's no chatroom mind. See there's already a quakenet channel set up.

Archived