[BBC News] New service from resort's airport

Newsbot

A new air service between Blackpool and the Isle of Man is to begin in May.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/englan...ire/7865131.stm

Ma. Thingy the director of the arport will no doubt be delighted. How come I remember flying from Blackpool to the Island in the 70's?

It would appear that Flymaybe are going to force another competing airline out of the IoM as I doubt there is enough business for two airlines to operate to Belfast & Blackpool. Seems that Flymaybe want a Monopoly as far as possible

A new air service between Blackpool and the Isle of Man is to begin in May.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/englan...ire/7865131.stm

Ma. Thingy the director of the arport will no doubt be delighted. How come I remember flying from Blackpool to the Island in the 70's?

An additional 3 flights a day to Blackpool - now that's what I call a major international destination. Do many people on the Island use Blackpool as a hub? Their airport destination map was a bit vague but it looks in the main like Southern Europe on charters? It seems a bit out of the way if you want to go somewhere in the UK.

Good memory??

Ding! It was 1974, remember sitting in the lounge reading a book of Goon Show scripts and laughing myself stupid.

Nah. They are spending £50m so that they can expand the routes to the IOM and 3 flights a day to Blackpool by micro-light will be a real win for her. Its slap bang in that quality catchment area were all aiming for; you'll be able to spot the Blackpool businessmen in their blue suits and white shoes waiting for the bus outside the main terminal.

Good memory??

Ding! It was 1974, remember sitting in the lounge reading a book of Goon Show scripts and laughing myself stupid.

that explains it ! :lol:

I travelled through Blackpool a few weeks ago with a group of friends and were quite shocked at having to pay £10 each when we checked in at Blackpool on the Return Leg to as an "Airport Development Fee". This is to pay for improvements to passenger facilities etc. Couldn't believe it. Had no choice though to paying it, and manx2 hadn't mentioned it to us either!

Info on it here: http://www.blackpoolinternational.com/adf-info.php

Archived