[BBC News] Pay rises behind UK average

Newsbot

There seem to be 50 times more people working in the offices of said department than 10 years ago. Infact the office staff probably outweigh the actual workforce on the ground now.

Barmy.

the assistants, assistants, assistants, assistant type jobs where the last 2 may be doing something and the top 2 are 'doing' fuck all but taking the credit for the work done by their staff, the same staff who could do, and probably would do the same job without some twatty politically correct mouth piece at the top trying to justify their overpayed job title.

Goodness, it all sounds like the Royal Navy...more admirals than ships (including rowboats cutters).

I have more issue with someone like and executive or a top manager in one of the finance companies on £40,000 or more when level of work is not much more than the clerk who works hard.

You don't get money according to some perception of how "hard" you work, or how much you work. You get paid according to how difficult you are to replace, and how much money you make for a company. People who get paid most are those who bring in the income.

poo, the government workers aren't making money for anyone...

Government workers aren't executives or top managers in finance companies. Do you see?

the spongeing twats on benefits, and the statues ( DOT ) just for starters, some of the money people get for shuffleing paper is exorbitant in the extreme. total piss takers.

I don't understand the DOT thing, I'd need to live on the Island I suppose.

Those on benefits are doing nothing, true, but that is just the way it works, you have to lump it I am afraid. Sorry, I just thought in terms of workers you were talking about more than a small minority. I have more issue with someone like and executive or a top manager in one of the finance companies on £40,000 or more when level of work is not much more than the clerk who works hard. I think they are piss takers, never mind the papers pushers. Even these paper pushers you refer you are not on that good a salary.

I do earn more than £40K a year and it isn't for sitting around on my backside. With that salary comes a huge amount of responsibility so much so that if i screw up big time, there is a serious chance many people could lose their jobs and along with it their livelihoods etc. If you think that I am taking the piss, crack on!

Goodness, it all sounds like the Royal Navy...more admirals than ships (including rowboats cutters).

sounds like CMI before it went belly up :lol:

I changed from private sector to public because I didn't like the way my area of the private sector was going, simple as... when the market changes and the saw sees again, then I'll probably hop back

not that it matters to the gov slaggers, but I work much harder where I am now than ever before <_<

Archived