[BBC News] Recession hits Manx stadium plans

Newsbot

There are plenty of sporting facilities (of which I already have NO use for) I have no objection to the maintenance and upkeep of the facilities that are already in place but they never seem to fix anything, its always best to demolish and replace (with utter crap...NSC for an example). Maybe they could just spruce the place up a bit (like they decided in a council meeting months ago)

There are plenty of sporting facilities (of which I already have NO use for) I have no objection to the maintenance and upkeep of the facilities that are already in place but they never seem to fix anything, its always best to demolish and replace (with utter crap...NSC for an example). Maybe they could just spruce the place up a bit (like they decided in a council meeting months ago)

NSC as an example? The NSC that's just had new changing rooms built, is about to have the track re-furbed and a new roadway too? Oh and the stadium's also getting work done. That sort of 'never fixing anything'?

The NSC is a fantastic facility that's in near constant use. Why is it crap?

Prices are being obtained from Uk Painting Contractors for the repainting of the NSC grandstand, are the local painters to busy or just not good enough.

I would have hoped that in times like this, some element of preference would be given to safeguarding local jobs or are UK companies able to do it cheaper?

Recession hits Manx stadium plans
Economic downturn

Presumably there is a difference?

NSC as an example? The NSC that's just had new changing rooms built, is about to have the track re-furbed and a new roadway too? Oh and the stadium's also getting work done. That sort of 'never fixing anything'?

The NSC is a fantastic facility that's in near constant use. Why is it crap?

On-going maintenance seems to be an alien concept to them.

Archived