[BBC News] TT entertainment plans revealed

Newsbot

Thank Christ the fair won't be over this year. I wonder what all the little troglodyte lake children are going to do now though.

I cheered at that as well - then I read the bit that said it would be invited over later in the year.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank Christ the fair won't be over this year. I wonder what all the little troglodyte lake children are going to do now though.

I cheered at that as well - then I read the bit that said it would be invited over later in the year.

atleast it's ONE year the Douglas rate payers wont have to finance the repairs on the prom walkway courtesy of the gypo's rip off rides! if we could sort out the steam racket's rip off rides too we could be onto an incentive for folks to come over??

atleast it's ONE year the Douglas rate payers wont have to finance the repairs on the prom walkway courtesy of the gypo's rip off rides! if we could sort out the steam racket's rip off rides too we could be onto an incentive for folks to come over??

i think thats very short sighted of you douglas rate payers .. the kids liked all the rides ..

a) No crappy fair

b) No repetetive steve colley/purple helmuts/mini parking/jet bike EVERY SINGLE NIGHT !

Sound like steps in the right direction to me, now if we can get a few pubs such as Jaks etc putting on a bit of live music as well as the Villa and perhaps a big screen showing race highlights etc then I think it will be an improvement.

People are big enough and clever enough to have a few beers and a wander and find their own entertainment. You dont need to shovel repetetive novelty crap down their throats night after night.

Dont know if Mr Phillips is involved in new line up but best of luck to him coz he is a good man !

Plans to host live music at the Villa Marina Gardens during the Isle of Man TT festival are revealed.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7868420.stm

No fair sucks. I know a lot of people dislike it but I think it really adds to the atmosphere of TT; equally the TT atmosphere adds to the fair. That said, I never knew we the tax payer "funded" it?!

How about making the Bushys tent bigger, getting a bigger stage and getting some big name rock bands in to perform, maybe drawing in bigger crowds from across who will come for the music not just the high powered scooter races.

so move the peel music festival thingy to douglas then?? government workers were getting 2 for 1 on tickets, and then some got free upgrades on arrival to make the place look full!! and it still lost money according the organisers?? that was TT week wasn't it? or MGP? either way we were littered with bikes and bodies at the time. not all bikers are into heavy metal and rock bands, many of them just use bikes instead of cars and are 'normal' people who like nice restaurants and the like. the bike aspect is what brings them over at the time, not some pensioner group from the 70's twanging out the same old ear fuckers at 200 decibels. with MQ at the helm we will end up with the worzels topping the bill. ooh arr ooh arr.

a) No crappy fair

b) No repetetive steve colley/purple helmuts/mini parking/jet bike EVERY SINGLE NIGHT !

Sound like steps in the right direction to me, now if we can get a few pubs such as Jaks etc putting on a bit of live music as well as the Villa and perhaps a big screen showing race highlights etc then I think it will be an improvement.

Agreed, bring it back to being a racing festival and not a tacky cash in.

We're not that lucky to have the Wurzels play over here. I've tried booking them before, f00king gold dust, or their agent has died.

Lancashire Hotpots in the tent though, would go down a storm. There's nothing stopping Bushys booking bigish named acts to play the tent, but they get local acts in to it instead. Something the Villa could learn from instead of booking Quill to play the promenade suite every night for the fortnight.

The brightside about using the gardens is, the capacity is a lot more than the Royal Hall, and with the DTL's reputation of throwing money away we might get someone like Bruce 'The Boss' Springsteen over. Maybe he's a little out of reach but you could definatley do a long weekends worth of gigs with some very decent contempory acts. Here's hoping Carl Cox gets booked one night :P

How about making the Bushys tent bigger, getting a bigger stage and getting some big name rock bands in to perform, maybe drawing in bigger crowds from across who will come for the music not just the high powered scooter races.

so move the peel music festival thingy to douglas then?? government workers were getting 2 for 1 on tickets, and then some got free upgrades on arrival to make the place look full!! and it still lost money according the organisers?? that was TT week wasn't it? or MGP? either way we were littered with bikes and bodies at the time. not all bikers are into heavy metal and rock bands, many of them just use bikes instead of cars and are 'normal' people who like nice restaurants and the like. the bike aspect is what brings them over at the time, not some pensioner group from the 70's twanging out the same old ear fuckers at 200 decibels. with MQ at the helm we will end up with the worzels topping the bill. ooh arr ooh arr.

As a regular TT visitor I agree with WTF. While it is quite nice to see some live music in the pubs of an evening, I don't think trying to attract big name bands is necessarily going to attract more TT visitors. Everyone that comes over to the TT wants to see a bit of racing and enjoy a few beers of an evening. People that have paid alot of money in fares to visit the island aren't necessarily going to pay the extra money for tickets to see a big name band once on the island. Music lovers from the UK that aren't into bike racing have the pick of gigs and festivals over the summer in the UK, without having to sail to the island during a bike festival where there isn't enough accommodation to go around as it is for the race visitors.

What is it with Quill? Are they related to someone or something?

I heard a while ago that they signed a ten year deal with which ever numpty was in charge of bookings at the time. Though thats only rumour and it would explain why they keep being asked back.

Pretty sure that Mooragh Prom could accomodate the fair. A big park nearby and even a swimming pool.

Smallish town centre, also one of the more customer friendly corners on the course where you can actually see the bikes as they pass.

Time to move the entertainment centre of the TT to Ramsey?

Plenty of pubs as well, loads of camping areas.

Yes.... but would anyone actually want to go there? :P

Archived