[BBC News] TT entertainment plans revealed

Newsbot

and An AC/DC tribute playing the villiers square one mad sunday. Packed out. I was playing Havana the same night which was dead, I got wrecked drunk.

That was Rosie's first ever gig! Mad Sunday 6th June 2004. I was bloody bricking it.

Happy days.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah yes wasn't sure if you boys had been going that long or not :)

I'm sure people will make do with whatever is on offer over the two weeks. The big bands etc are only for the locals really and they make do with the usual shite for 50 other weeks of the year so those two in the middle shouldn't be a problem to live with.

What they need is

1. Steve Gibbons' head on a stick - forget the rest

2. Impromptu ( but dangerous) stunts near the Clock

3. A certain amount of busty substances

fixed that for you. No need to thank me. :lol:

I was DJing on Jaks roof which was going fantastically until some loon fired a flare at me. Now I know my mixing ain't great but Jesus ! ...

That'll learn you for playing Abba!

That was me...lol (playing Abba, not the flare)

From my observations of the TT, the visitors want to watch bikes and go to pubs. All the rest, including big bands, gets lapped up by residents and not visitors.

The pubs should step up to the plate and provide better entertainment, even if it's just local bands in tents in the car park (I know some do this already :) ), they're the ones cashing in after all. Bushies does a good job, but there's not much else.

SO basically when the sun goes down and the bikes stop racing all we're providing for visitors to the IOM is pubs. And going on the number of pubs closing recently the choice is getting less and less.

And do you honestly think that people from all around the world are going to be content with a few local bands that no-one outside the IOM would of heard of. And to say that only the locals will want to see a big name band is daft. Music is music, if you play it they will come.

SO basically when the sun goes down and the bikes stop racing all we're providing for visitors to the IOM is pubs. And going on the number of pubs closing recently the choice is getting less and less.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Because that's all they want to do. That and look at bikes. It's why they're here.

And do you honestly think that people from all around the world are going to be content with a few local bands that no-one outside the IOM would of heard of. And to say that only the locals will want to see a big name band is daft. Music is music, if you play it they will come.

Yes, because every year theres a big band on, every year I go, and every year it's sold out before tt week starts and is filled exclusively with locals.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Because that's all they want to do. That and look at bikes. It's why they're here.

And no-one likes to listen to music of any evening? And are you the head of the TT entertainment survey? You know what every single person coming off the boat wants? or is this whole thing about what you want?

Yes, because every year theres a big band on, every year I go, and every year it's sold out before tt week starts and is filled exclusively with locals.

Filled exclusively with locals? You know them all by their face do you? What utter horse shit. Your sounding like a typical "we dont like change, its scary!!" weirdo.

The fair is a crock of shite, all the visitors can go to much better fairs all year round in their native areas.......the DTL won't fund any evening street entertainment....could be good, maybe a return to the inpromptu events by the visiting bikers themselves which was always better than the sterile organised crap anyway, and as long as they don't whell out the spandex wearing "steve colley" then happy days...and as for the live music, that will probably be a shedload of crappy twobit tribute bands apperaing for next to fuck all.....ooh and don't forget the fucking red arrows, whilst highly impressive they are so old hat that there are fossils that are younger.....and last but not least the jacked up TT special takeaway foods that are no different from takeaway foods all year round except for the fact that they are TT and more fucking expensive than usual.....I can't wait till I fuck off from this Island for TT fortnight, I thank you....and goodnight!!! ;)

I get the impression that your not a fan of the TT.

Pretty sure that Mooragh Prom could accomodate the fair. A big park nearby and even a swimming pool.

Smallish town centre, also one of the more customer friendly corners on the course where you can actually see the bikes as they pass.

I agree why not send the gypsy bastards and their shitty fair up to Ramsey for the week. It would certainly do wonders for condom and cider sales in Parliament Street.

Pretty sure that Mooragh Prom could accomodate the fair. A big park nearby and even a swimming pool.

Smallish town centre, also one of the more customer friendly corners on the course where you can actually see the bikes as they pass.

I agree why not send the gypsy bastards and their shitty fair up to Ramsey for the week. It would certainly do wonders for condom and cider sales in Parliament Street.

do the slappers up ramsey use condoms now?? if you were lucky the douched and picked the scabs off.

You all forget that a lot of people will be coming for the first time and will be bowled over by it. It is only us world weary old residents that find it the same as last year. Football fans watch the same old crap week after week with out noticing it is the same

I agree the locals pack out the Villa when a good band is over because we queue up for tickets when we can. I see loads of people I know each year, even from Ramsey.

Archived