[BBC News] TT entertainment plans revealed

Newsbot

And no-one likes to listen to music of any evening? And are you the head of the TT entertainment survey? You know what every single person coming off the boat wants? or is this whole thing about what you want?

I said quite clearly that it was my observation only. Do you have an observation that differs?

What I want? I want big bands over, I go to them and enjoy them, but I don't think it's what the majority of the TT fans want.

Filled exclusively with locals? You know them all by their face do you? What utter horse shit. Your sounding like a typical "we dont like change, its scary!!" weirdo.

Oh dear, you are hard of thinking. If the tickets to things like Robert Plant sell out months before the TT, to a queue of fans at the villa, it's fair to say that the gig is filled mostly with locals.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Off the top of my head.

Costs going into stage, p.a. hire, lighting (chances are you'd get from the same company) Something like High Fidelity, Switched On or ELS.

You'd need a permit or some sort of permission from the Corpy

To get the Permit you'd need: An Outdoor Music Licence, possibly security staff, insurance.

If you're going to ticket it you'll need to enclose the place off. Which will mean definate security. If you're using the villiars square say that's a few hundred people? I'm not sure wha the ratio security:memberofpublic is.

It would be easier if it was a free open event. The Police would take care of trouble makers and the organisors could just concentrate on running the event.

I remember two similar things happening. DJ's on the roof of Jacks. Great fun but I think there was a lot of trouble. and An AC/DC tribute playing the villiers square one mad sunday. Packed out. I was playing Havana the same night which was dead, I got wrecked drunk.

I was DJing on Jaks roof which was going fantastically until some loon fired a flare at me. Now I know my mixing ain't great but Jesus ! ...

...GOMH*...

Those were the days, the tunes from GOMH off Jaks was quality, also when Toxic were banging out tunes from the Interceptor! That was when there was one night of a street party on Mad Sunday.

When the Villla Marina Gardens are in use, they can't use the Villa Marina for anything to due to the amount of available fire exits and clear exit ways from the main building not feeding out into a crowd.

You may find the gardens do cover a bigger surface area but the capacity is determined by fire-exits plus a stage would hinder some of the existing exit routes, lowering capacity further.

Archived