[BBC News] Warning on Iceland bank's fitness

Newsbot

The FSC probably wasn't aware of it. The information was passed to another regulatory authority and in another juristiction.

The regulators share information between each other through what are termed as 'gateways', and the purpose of this is to provide robust supervision of entities that cross different borders and jurisdictions.

There are no excuses really, given that they knew of problems early last year and failed to act diligently.

The FSC probably wasn't aware of it. The information was passed to another regulatory authority and in another juristiction.

The regulators share information between each other through what are termed as 'gateways', and the purpose of this is to provide robust supervision of entities that cross different borders and jurisdictions.

There are no excuses really, given that they knew of problems early last year and failed to act diligently.

if you take the time to listen to this you will find that there was a lack of information from the FSA and are still withholding reports which the administrators require to carry out their task

Mr Shearer resigned from the merged bank Kaupthing Singer & Friedlander (KSF) in November 2005 after the deal went through because he was "not comfortable" running the UK operation under its new owners.

In other words it seems to read that whilst he felt the Icelandic bankers were not 'fit and proper' he was very happy to take their money and leave his clients to the 'not fit and proper' bankers he had sold out to. IMO this does not exactly indicate that he was 'fit and proper' either.

Mr Shearer resigned from the merged bank Kaupthing Singer & Friedlander (KSF) in November 2005 after the deal went through because he was "not comfortable" running the UK operation under its new owners.

In other words it seems to read that whilst he felt the Icelandic bankers were not 'fit and proper' he was very happy to take their money and leave his clients to the 'not fit and proper' bankers he had sold out to. IMO this does not exactly indicate that he was 'fit and proper' either.

That's what I thought too after watching the clip. It seemed to me that he was rather used to telling people what they wanted to hear. I also thought the main finding of the whole charade was that the UK FSA acted to protect the UKs interests at the expense of KSF IoM, that the IoM FSC was sold a pup, and that the UK have no idea of our geography or constitutional position. Why are we dependent on these tossers?

Without naming the Bank I can tell you that the big Bonuses got paid out this week to staff from top to bottom and £40k at the bottom aint bad

Is this straight up or just a "heard down the pub off a mate's mate"?

If it's true, can you let me know which bank as I wish to submit my CV to them

Archived