Should Prince Harry Resign?

Should Prince Harry resign?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he should retain his position, it's not as if the Royalty have much, if any, effect on our day to day lives.

The British public needs public figures to occasionally act in a way that embarasses the Nation, even if only for humour value.

Prince Philip's 'gaffs' were delivered with the expertise that most modern comedians would give their left arm for. Once Philip dies (anytime soon) then where will we look for the next Daily Mail and Sun headline?

Nahhh, don't sack him. Make him an ambassador for England's green and fair land and send him out into the world. Just him, his suitcase and a p**sed up grandfather to guide and mould him into a figure for us all to be proud of in the future.

Lovely to see that some of the guests blacked-up minstrel-style too, just to add some potency to the "Racism's not so bad, it gave us the Empire after all" theme of the night.

The taxpayer should demand a refund from Eton.

History lessons there can't be much cop if Queen Victoria's great, great, great, great grandson believes the Nazis have anything to do with the "colonials and natives" theme of the beano.

The taxpayer should demand a refund from Eton.

History lessons there can't be much cop if Queen Victoria's great, great, great, great grandson believes the Nazis have anything to do with the "colonials and natives" theme of the beano.

1. Is Eton - surely an independent fee-paying school - subsidised by the government in some way? I was not aware of that.

2. The Swastika is actually a harmless ancient symbol for the Sun. (On which - dare I mention this? - the Isle of Man national symbol of Three Legs is based.) So perhaps Prince Harry was wearing it as a 'native' symbol. Lol.

The Swastika is actually a harmless ancient symbol for the Sun. (On which - dare I mention this? - the Isle of Man national symbol of Three Legs is based.) So perhaps Prince Harry was wearing it as a 'native' symbol. Lol.

Almost. Hitlers crew nicked the symbol and turned it to face the other way.

1.  Is Eton - surely an independent fee-paying school - subsidised by the government in some way? I was not aware of that.

I know from your previous posts that you are intelligent enough to know exactly what I'm getting at.

But, just to underline the point . . . Eton is not subsidised directly. But many in the royal family - including Charlie - are. So it's subsidised indirectly by the taxpayer when the royals send their brats there. But it's all for our own good. The royals need the finest education to "reign over us" as the famous song has it.

Of course, we should just tug our forelocks and accept that, since they're placed there by God and are superior to us by virtue of inherited genes (and money, of course), we should accept everything they do and say and pay up gratefully. And anyone who believes in democracy and equality and would rather be a citizen than a subject can go and live in North Korea, or something.

Archived