Cav Wins His First Big Race

Slim

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An interesting but predictable article from

The Independent 3rd July 2010

His forms looking pretty good after a slower start to the year, hope he can get in the green and keep it this year. Not sure there's quite as many stages for him to win though, but then that's the same for the other sprinters.

I'm also hoping the Tour doesn't unfold as predictably as it looks, someone needs to knock Contador off his bike to shake things up a bit! Three bets on this year, Wiggins to win the Time Trial (even though it'll prolly go to Fab), Scheck to podium and Cav to be in the green before Paris.

I'm also hoping the Tour doesn't unfold as predictably as it looks, someone needs to knock Contador off his bike to shake things up a bit!

Ahh! But one of the reasons that the Tour de France is one of the great sporting events is because the champions look invincible, super humans. Until one day they're not and it's always unexpected. Remember the day Indurain cracked?

Ahh! But one of the reasons that the Tour de France is one of the great sporting events is because the champions look invincible, super humans. Until one day they're not and it's always unexpected. Remember the day Indurain cracked?

Well, your right already, Armstrong beat Contador in the prologue, didn't see that coming. Wiggins already 30 secs back, that's gunna be hard. Sky really mucked up the order.

Highlights already, Cav's big yawn on the ramp and Martins missus!

Still, I suspect he might well get that green jersey over the next few years, and it's his career and his choice. I think he is probably doing the right thing - winning that Green jersey and the Tour De France is better than any medal IMO. Medals will tend to come too on that journey I suspect.

This means more cycling on the telly Brilliant stuff.

o god i hope not :(

There are now literally hundreds of channels to choose from, cycling is almost exclusively limited to ITV4 and Eurosport. Are they the only channels you watch like? :rolleyes:

Just been watching it, crazy day. Not a happy bunch at the finish line. Tomorrow should be good on the cobblestones.

Green jersey points were abandoned at the end due to the multiple crashes, which I guess is good news for Cavendish as he wasn't going to get any.

Just been watching it, crazy day. Not a happy bunch at the finish line. Tomorrow should be good on the cobblestones.

Green jersey points were abandoned at the end due to the multiple crashes, which I guess is good news for Cavendish as he wasn't going to get any.

Indeed, although as Boardman pointed out, also pathetic from the riders and the Saxo Bank led protest.

More crazy crashes today. Cobblestones looked pretty uncomfortable, I wouldn't fancy riding over them at speed. Schleck out of it, and Armstong lost lots of time to Contador so I guess he won't be winning it this year.

Cavendish finished well, but is coming dead last in the green jersey points: http://www.letour.fr/2010/TDF/LIVE/us/300/classement/index.html

I'm also hoping the Tour doesn't unfold as predictably as it looks, someone needs to knock Contador off his bike to shake things up a bit!

Looks like yesterday was Lance Armstrong's turn. I'm sure the crashes didn't help, but he was completely dropped up the climbs. Now that he's out of the GC I wonder if he'll attempt a breakaway and go for a stage victory? They'll probably let him go if he tries it, which will be surreal, but Contador might not let him as there's bad blood between them, which would be ironic after what Armstrong did to Filippo Simeoni in 2004.

Archived