Cav Wins His First Big Race

Slim

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

14th stage win - this time beating hushovd and petacchi, despite their lead out trains being better organised!

The cycling crazy Dutch have not had a stage winner for 5 years. The Manx have 14 stage wins in 3 years. Absolutely amazing win. And Cav says he nearly didn't start the stage because he wasn't well...

Exciting finish today, but what a big wuss of a crybaby Cavendish is.

That comment was extremely harsh.

Why have we not as a Manx nation set up a fan club for Mark Cavendish

He has given so much good publicity for the Isle of Man

we should give him a lot more support

and show him how proud we are of his achievements

Quite right - almost everyone I know was watching that today - there should have been a party at the nsc, or on Douglas prom, with a big screen. To fight it out with a weakened team, and then to blow away the best professional sprinters in the world like that, was an awesome sporting performance.

Mark is a legend! Shame he gave up on that one sprint... It's ok, he'll get yellow next year! ;)

Only if he puts it in the wrong wash.

Feel ridiculously proud of Cav, a man I've never even met and probably never will. Humans are odd. Can't wait to see him in red at the commonwealth games.

Quite right - almost everyone I know was watching that today - there should have been a party at the nsc, or on Douglas prom, with a big screen. To fight it out with a weakened team, and then to blow away the best professional sprinters in the world like that, was an awesome sporting performance.

Couldn't agree more...

"Behind Contador, Cavendish is now the biggest name and star in world cycling and the British public are finally waking up to his extraordinary talent". {Quote from Daily Telegraph reviewer of Le Tour who gave Cav 9/10 with Geraint Thomas on 8 and Wiggins on 6}.

Now the British are waking up to his extraordinary talent - with more comments like this maybe the Manx will soon...!

Mr. Sausages

Mr. Sausages, MD (Mega-Dude)

Group:

Regulars Posts:

4,409 Joined:

06-May 05 Posted Yesterday, 10:51 PM

Ask all you want. But if you really want to know what I think, you'll have to read the Cavendish thread.

I'm saving my posts in this thread for talk of Tour De France champions.

Do you see?

Hi Saus ages

So I say again - What do you think about Cavendish THIS YEAR.

If you fancy a pint to discuss this face to face with no animosity then please PM me. I stand by my thought that Cavendish spat the toys out of the pram and in my humble opinion let me and himself down.

I was supporting him to the full last year.

At the beginning of this years TOUR the mood was reciprocated until he spat his toys out of the pram.

I have (belonged to the MRC, looked at the MVW and the EVC) raced and trained along side some of the best that this Island have produced and feel privileged to have done so: The Pocket Rocket, Doyle, Hind, Porter, Gage, Kennaugh, Kelly, The head band Nelson, Ron Killey and in my humble opinion SIR Stuart Slack (one of the most kind and interesting person one would ever meet. PERIOD. FULL STOP. END OF.)

I am sure the above would be immensely proud of Cavendish but I do not doubt that they (as I) would like to see said man overcome his demons and be gracious.

Cheers

Can you ask once more please. Or perhaps read above - I've already posted several times and can't think of much else to write.

I can summarise if you're too lazy to scroll up - he won, he was a big crybaby, he won some more, he's obviously extremely good.

Also, you need to practice quoting.

Archived