Cav Wins His First Big Race

Slim

An anonymous french bleat, why even print that mess? As for humility, the first thing he says when he gets off his bike is 'the team got me there'. He's definitely got a mouth on him, but he matches it with actions. No wonder the French are pissed off!

Which French are pissed off? Certainly none that live in my neck of the woods.

That's no more the voice of France than the Sun comic purporting to speak for Britain.

We had a long debate about Le Tour and Cavendish with french folk yesterday evening and I have to report that there's a lot of admiration re the excellence of our Isle of Man cyclist.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which French are pissed off? Certainly none that live in my neck of the woods.

Sorry, thought you'd read the article. The story is specifically about French riders, even more specifically French sprinters who normally help each other get over the mountains. Cav's not following etiquette according to them, so they're slagging him.

He's reacted by laughing it off. It's a silly story.

His views on it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_spor...ing/8153223.stm

He's also been getting criticism for not speaking French. He should tell them he can speak more French than Manx.

"I'm able to do the interviews, to get asked the questions in French and I reply in English."

That's a mistake. He should reply in Manx and let the French fuckers try to translate it.

"Cavendish is racist, he's anti-French," said the rider.

Anti-French is not racist - its natural.

BBC News says he's been DQed from latest stage for pushing another rider into the barriers.

BBC news is right. The road narrowed and he was deemed to have cut off Hushovd from attacking. The smug git who made the decision says there is no possibiity of appeal - you could tell he wanted to do an evil mwa ha ha laugh after he said it.

I wondered about that at the time. Him and the green jersey holder were sprinting to lead out the peloton, and pick up points on each other. Cav in the lead, greenie was faster though, Cav swerved in front of him and he lost momentum then Cav just held on. It wasn't "into the barriers", but not surprising the judges wanted a sight.

BBC News says he's been DQed from latest stage for pushing another rider into the barriers.

BBC news is right. The road narrowed and he was deemed to have cut off Hushovd from attacking. The smug git who made the decision says there is no possibiity of appeal - you could tell he wanted to do an evil mwa ha ha laugh after he said it.

The decision was good. You saw in the sprint that Cav was looking around and trying to baulk Hushovd, and across to see if his team were coming up beside him. He wasn;t trying to beat Hushovd like normal, he was trying to put a few riders in front of Hushovd by blocking him.

When I saw it I was screaming "you stupid fucking idiot" at the TV, it was clear he was going to be investigated there. Possibly blown it with one act of stupidity.

The decision was good. You saw in the sprint that Cav was looking around and trying to baulk Hushovd, and across to see if his team were coming up beside him. He wasn;t trying to beat Hushovd like normal, he was trying to put a few riders in front of Hushovd by blocking him.

When I saw it I was screaming "you stupid fucking idiot" at the TV, it was clear he was going to be investigated there. Possibly blown it with one act of stupidity.

I thought the confusion was because they were trying to get George Hincapie up for GC position, but there was deffo something odd going on at the finish.

That might have been the problem, at the same time they wanted to slow the peloton for Hincappie and get Cav home at the head of it. So instead of having a true run sprint they tried to box in the green jersey. Then right at the end because Cav didn't get the usual release he was going to lose out to the green jersey and blocked him off.

I suppose that's what happens when you are trying to slow down and sprint at the same time, they were caught between a rock and a hard place and ended up with neither the yellow or green.

Archived