Rbs Bonuses

manshimajin

I think the government is going to have to legislate. There is no other way. Wonder if they've got the guts to do it, though.

S

No , they have got a set of testicles between them. Theyll bottle it, those beneath them will bottle it, and the Status Quo will continue unabated.

Perhaps. But it would of course go down very well with the electorate.

S

Indeed it would.

However , the electorate does not fund either of the major parties , rich benefactors , mainly working in high finance , provide the donations that keep both parties (who both have quite sizeable debts) afloat. That has always , IMO , influenced them more than the electorate.

If you're a manager with a contractual entitlement to a 15 grand bonus, staring down a recession, you won't really care about the publicity, you will just want the money.

But when The Sun arrives at your door and a load of peasants with pitchforks you may reconsider the wisdom - and frankly I wouldn't care - if they wanted to sue let them. I really am amazed that such poor performance by RBS (and its subsidiaries) could warrant anything other than the big sort out of managers.

Of course, they could pass legislation to tax all "performance" bonuses over 10% of salary at 99%.

That should do it...

I agree, but I would tax bonuses above, say £100,000. It's the big boys we are after.

S

I think the government is going to have to legislate. There is no other way. Wonder if they've got the guts to do it, though.

S

No , they have got a set of testicles between them. Theyll bottle it, those beneath them will bottle it, and the Status Quo will continue unabated.

Perhaps. But it would of course go down very well with the electorate.

S

Indeed it would.

However , the electorate does not fund either of the major parties , rich benefactors , mainly working in high finance , provide the donations that keep both parties (who both have quite sizeable debts) afloat. That has always , IMO , influenced them more than the electorate.

Of course, seeing what's coming up, they may prefer a spell in opposition.

S

Archived