[BBC News] Offender tagging to be extended

Newsbot

Plans are made to extend the use of electronic tags on offenders in the Isle of Man.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7874762.stm

I hope they can be easily tampered with.

FFS! I wasn't being serious LDV. These tags should be banded around the offenders heads. Then everyone could see who the scrotes are.

Plans are made to extend the use of electronic tags on offenders in the Isle of Man.

So let us get this right LDV, you think prison is not the answer to offenders and an alternative method should be found other than prison, so someone comes up with tagging as an alternative to prison thus allowing them in the most part to stay with family and work during the day thus removing hardship on their families and you still fucking moan about it, what the hell do you want? should society pay offenders compensation for being such bad boys in your ever so idealistic world? Get a grip man, planet Earth is calling you back to reality.

So let us get this right LDV, you think prison is not the answer to offenders and an alternative method should be found other than prison, so someone comes up with tagging as an alternative to prison thus allowing them in the most part to stay with family and work during the day thus removing hardship on their families and you still fucking moan about it, what the hell do you want? should society pay offenders compensation for being such bad boys in your ever so idealistic world? Get a grip man, planet Earth is calling you back to reality.

Back? :D

I don't think you understood the article, though maybe I didn't. This isn't a replacement of custodial sentencing, but rather an dimunition of freedoms for those on bail and on probation. Freedoms are being further curtailed not extended.

What does compensation have to do with? And no, I don't think they should be paid compensation.

I want no prison and no tagging for bail and probation. Though a vast improvement would be simply tagging those who have offended and not to put them in prison. Which is what you seem to be under the impression is happening.

Also I have no idea what these offences are. Mos offences are the related to property or the result of deprivation and restrictions on freedoms so I don't condone restrictions on freedoms for such crimes. I am not sure I even condone any form of punishments if they are the result of the factors mentioned above.

I don't think you understood the article, though maybe I didn't. This isn't a replacement of custodial sentencing, but rather an dimunition of freedoms for those on bail and on probation. Freedoms are being further curtailed not extended.

What does compensation have to do with? And no, I don't think they should be paid compensation.

I want no prison and no tagging for bail and probation. Though a vast improvement would be simply tagging those who have offended and not to put them in prison. Which is what you seem to be under the impression is happening.

Also I have no idea what these offences are. Mos offences are the related to property or the result of deprivation and restrictions on freedoms so I don't condone restrictions on freedoms for such crimes. I am not sure I even condone any form of punishments if they are the result of the factors mentioned above.

LDV please inform me if you ever get into a position of power where you can impliment your policies, I will be eager to come to that place, rob everyone in sight and empty the shops of all goods I need after all you won't imprison me so I could just piss off back to my real home whenever I wish.

LDV please inform me if you ever get into a position of power where you can impliment your policies, I will be eager to come to that place, rob everyone in sight and empty the shops of all goods I need after all you won't imprison me so I could just piss off back to my real home whenever I wish.

You'll have a while to wait, I won't ever be in power. As you support imprisonment so much, however, you could always ask that someone does lock you up. Anyway, I don't see your point.

Have you ever been a victim of crime ldv?

Archived