[BBC News] TT racers are urged to apply soon

Newsbot

Organisers of this year's Manx TT Races believe that they may be oversubscribed and urge entrants to apply soon.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7876601.stm

If you know anything about marketing this means they are under-subscribed and are starting to panic!

(42)

As GD4ELI said, it sounds like they're desperate this year, bit like a club night promotion 'only 20 tickets left, buy now to avoid disappointment' only to discover what really meant is 20 tickets sold.

Local riders have been told they will not recieve any finacial aid this year which may be the first time in many years, and at the same time the rider that told me says that Milky and Jonh Bartons expences claimed to attend just one uk meeting are more than he has recived for one TT.

TBH the isle of man really needs the TT because lets face it with out it The isle of man would slip in to obscurity with no major events, not exports to speak of and even less contact with the outside world than it has now.

TBH the isle of man really needs the TT because lets face it with out it The isle of man would slip in to obscurity with no major events, not exports to speak of and even less contact with the outside world than it has now.

I live a major Swiss ski-resort, despite really good snow and weather this winter is looking bleak - skiing is an unnecessary hobby, recession is making many spend a lot less.

Based on what I'm seeing here I expect entries for the TT to be way down, I'm sure many will 'give it a miss this year'. :(

I hope I'm wrong (usually am).

Here is some real snow, not the light powdering you lot get...

Archived