Vehicle Plate Recognition

Albert Tatlock

What's stopping them doing that now? You don't need cameras, just a list of the numbers, SPC keep a list, pass it to the cops, who put them in a simple database.

Yes but that also involves the Police doing some actual work and do some thinking. Come on get real.

the cameras are much better than getting plod to check everything by eye. there are quite a few untaxed cars 'parked' on streets, and i saw a motorcycle recently with tax months out of date. if you are legal, whats the problem?? if you aren't, you fucking should be and anything that gets you caught is fine by me. why should i be at risk of getting crashed into by some uninsured wanker chav on benefits and have naff all chance of getting my vehicle fixed at their expense if i'm only 3rd party?? even if fully comp i get stung with the excess. fuck tax dodgers and insurance dodgers. bring in the crush the car law too..

The trouble is that every incremental erosion of liberty seems to be insignificant in itself. However, one day we will wake up and find that the government has tagged everyone of us, knows where we are at all times of the day and night, and it can then start passing laws saying you have to pay a tax to go out at night.

Was the UK a worse place before they put cameras on every lamp-post? Is it a better place now?

So-called speed cameras have not brought about a reduction in accidents, they are just a scam to make money. The more this surveillance business goes on, the more it will be abused.

S

the second you go into a public place people can see where you are, all the ANPR does is alert the police to law breakers, who in a backhanded way ( cos they aren't paying their dues ) we have to fund!! if you can't afford to protect other peoples property by PAYING for insurance you shouldn't be on the road. like i said before, anything that gets rid of them gets my vote.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the second you go into a public place people can see where you are, all the ANPR does is alert the police to law breakers

I agree but isn't there more to it than that? With ANPR they can track your movements maybe over a long period of time. That could be used (without your knowledge) for all sorts of reasons which is nothing to do with vehicle crime. The UK has a control freak government and I just do not trust them. Only this week local authorities have defended their right to use covert cameras to detect benefit cheats and even (would you believe it!) owners of dogs who foul pavements. Its getting very silly and I think its quite a threat. NB That does not imply I think that those crimes should be disregarded!

The Irish low tech system seems to be the reasonable way forward. They, and a few european countries, require proof of insurance stuck on the windscreen.

Only this week local authorities have defended their right to use covert cameras to detect benefit cheats

Even bigger bonus the more of those scrounging leeches on society that get caught the better. As someone before said if you pay your tax and insurance then there is nothing to fear.

Even bigger bonus the more of those scrounging leeches on society that get caught the better. As someone before said if you pay your tax and insurance then there is nothing to fear.

Agreed. But when there is a low tech and low cost solution that can be implemented quickly why does a politician want to go for high tech, slower to implement and high cost approach? Please don't answer - I already know!

He is part of the 'Youth task FORCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'. This past friday they organised a 'Free' youth disco at Paramount City. Turned out they has the biggest dicks as bouncers and recouped the cost of it all in drinks... I paid £1.80 for a J2O.

And that's got something to do with car/bike tax then ?

I'm supprised they let you in :o

No it doesn't have anything to do with car or bike tax but I was just giving an insight to his other activities.

Also why are you so surprised they let me in? You also spelt surprised wrong.

Are the Unmarked focus's and honda estate not fitted with it ;)

Don't be so smug - I hear the Focus' are being swapped in because everyone knows them now.

They can't drive them in the snow and ice 'tyres to wide :lol:

i was worried about all the intrusions into our privacy before i joined here .. but i feel safe now knowing you lot will never allow things to go too far..

its been a gradual strangulation over the last 30 years or so and society will be unrecognisable in 30 years time in comparison to my formative years .. thats criminal in itself .. and as for the smug bastards that espouse the theory that if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to worry about ethos .. they are the equivalent of the passive jews on the trains to the gas chambers imo..

Archived