Vehicle Plate Recognition

Albert Tatlock

I think also we are missing an important asset of this system and that is it can log UK and other reg cars coming onto the island and flag them if they do not leave or re-register within a certain time period.

How many cars fit into this category?

It costs me €1200 to tax my car in Ireland annually compared with £236 here. If you plan to keep a car on the Island it's a no brainer.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think also we are missing an important asset of this system and that is it can log UK and other reg cars coming onto the island and flag them if they do not leave or re-register within a certain time period.

It costs me €1200 to tax my car in Ireland annually compared with £236 here. If you plan to keep a car on the Island it's a no brainer.

Ireland is just on place look at UK andora german Channel isles etc quite a few have cheaper road tax and as for number you would be supprised how many have been here over a year for example the green rover near summerland has been noticed N60xxxx or the red dodge 4x4 parked at port jack well over the allowed time both with UK plates

Ireland is just on place look at UK andora german Channel isles etc quite a few have cheaper road tax and as for number you would be supprised how many have been here over a year for example the green rover near summerland has been noticed N60xxxx or the red dodge 4x4 parked at port jack well over the allowed time both with UK plates

That makes two! You are right that my current car would cost more to register here than the UK (but I don't need an MOT and the insurance here is less). But I have a second car with an 1800cc motor and that is considerably cheaper to tax here than the UK. If you know of particular cars that have been over here for more than 6 months (presumably because you see them parked most days) IF we had Police constables on the beat they would also see them without APNR and do something about it. What you may be identifying is the lack of a police presence on foot!

Easy Really - get caught driving your car without insurance....it gets taken away and crushed.

Build some kind of 'Angel of the North' type structure on Douglas Head with the mashed car blocks and the swines who don't have the brains to insure their car will get the message.

As for no tax....your car gets towed away and you pay £200 to get it released after it has been taxed. After one months storage if the car is not collected, guess what? It gets crushed. The mashed blocks for the 'no tax' cars are used to create a giant seagull statue on the other side of the bay.

Tourists will flock to see the statues and enjoy the quiet roads.

Use the crushed cars to build new roundabouts or runway extensions, or even stack them for control towers, build power stations, prison walls for the new prison for all the bankers and polititians when they are brought to justice , as the Meerkat says SIMPLES :lol::lol::lol:

I have been told recently that the police can't access details of the current owners of vehicles at weekends - so why do they want to spend a fortune on new technology when they can't use the technology they already have?

You've been told wrong!!!!

I've been lied to then by the police - again

I have been told recently that the police can't access details of the current owners of vehicles at weekends - so why do they want to spend a fortune on new technology when they can't use the technology they already have?

You've been told wrong!!!!

I've been lied to then by the police - again

And that suprises you?

Archived