Department Of Tourism And Leisure

Moghrey Mie

She's the communications manager not the chief executive.

Her first pronouncement on the radio was to say that they need to optimise their website for search engines- hardly rocket science.

But maybe DTL didn't know that already.

If not somebody should get the boot.

I think you'll find they've identified the need to do work on communications and hried a Communications Manager accordingly. As you say - not rocket science. Good on 'em.

Post already existed and has been empty for a few years.

Budget 2007/8 Tourism Directorate

Management £170,000

New Product Development £341,000

Quality and service £691,000

Commmunications £1,840,000

What did we get for all that money?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Management £170,000

The Isle of Sam

The Isle of Keith

The Isle of Keirron

The Isle of the Andersons

Management £170,000

The Isle of Sam

The Isle of Keith

The Isle of Keirron

The Isle of the Andersons

Not forgetting the 'Isle take you for a ride' and 'Isle spend all your money, and Isle give you sod all in return' etc.

What's the betting the second announcement will be: "We need a S.W.A.T. and a P.E.S.T. - stat!"

I'd be very worried if anyone in marketing announced that. It's S.W.O.T and P.E.S.T actually.

Ano. It was a cynical dig at the level of amateurism that eminates from the dept usually.

But well done...for spotting it, you win a free 5 forces analysis for your employer.

What's the betting the second announcement will be: "We need a S.W.A.T. and a P.E.S.T. - stat!"

I'd be very worried if anyone in marketing announced that. It's S.W.O.T and P.E.S.T actually.

Ano. It was a cynical dig at the level of amateurism that eminates from the dept usually.

But well done...for spotting it, you win a free 5 forces analysis for your employer.

Soz like, I should have realised. I am, however, going to bill DTL for that advice.

I think the Isle of Man Government should just stick two fingers up to the lot of us and make a new Department called the Ministry of Funny Walks and Incompetence. Keep some thing the same such as make sure everyone is paid hugely and gets lots of tea to drink all day and stuff like that (dinners out, freebies and jollies away etc).

Then we would be really put on the Map, nay, the Globe even, and everybody in the whole World will hear about us and come over to visit the place they call Isle of Man where incompetence abounds and lots of people are very happy happy because they get paids fucken shed loads for doing fuck all and even that they don't do too well.

Archived