Outrage In Keys Over Transexuals' Rights Comments

bluemonday

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
'I stand by my comments. I represent my constituents and the majority of them will agree with what I said.'

This'll be that 'silent majority' that gets such a bad press. I didn't realise they were in Douglas. I wish they wore badges or something so we could identify them. Or wigs and high heels.

'I stand by my comments. I represent my constituents and the majority of them will agree with what I said.'

This'll be that 'silent majority' that gets such a bad press. I didn't realise they were in Douglas. I wish they wore badges or something so we could identify them. Or wigs and high heels.

he should have the common decency to resign with comments like that and he certainly does'nt speak for the majority constituents! i think he is just looking to be in the headlines, recently he wasted police time on the whitley council.

what a berk! live & let live its 21st century... glad other politicians are distance themselves from his comments,

To be fair, he is entitled to his opinion and to express it.

With only one against in Tynwald, I suppose in this day and age the total vote is probably a fair reflection of what the whole of society thinks on the issue. There are religious and all sorts of people that might be against it, so at least they have been 'represented'. Democracy at work in one way then. Politicians should not be encouraged to always say what might be deemed politically correct IMO.

However, how you say it is a different matter - and Houghton seems to be getting better and better at putting his foot in it - including the Whitley Council stuff, considering he represents a lot of working class voters in North Douglas.

All this suggests to me that the bloke might be burning out in this job, or maybe going through a career mid-life crisis.

I wonder if he has ever met a transexual? I don't think life for them is very easy yet they still choose to change sex!

He has a mighty opinion on something which has been made possible by medical science and paid for by the NHS much of the time. I wouldn't mind betting that some of his constituents are transexuals!

Archived