Outrage In Keys Over Transexuals' Rights Comments

bluemonday

I cannot believe that he is representing the majority of his constituents when he makes these bold statements. And, if so, where are they all? I can see no support here, or on any other websites discussing this issue.

Never heard of the silent majority theory?

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I cannot believe that he is representing the majority of his constituents when he makes these bold statements. And, if so, where are they all? I can see no support here, or on any other websites discussing this issue.

Never heard of the silent majority theory?

Well if the majority is silent in respect of this, how does Houghton know that he is representing this majority on this issue. And it can't matter that much to them if they are silent. But if they do have objections I am thankful they have shut up.

I just read on IOM online, there is someone who is under going a " transformation " but has kept there identity hidden.

If there so happy to slate Houghton, why dont they reveal who they are? Double standards, since there saying the Island has moved on etc.

Also, some 14 year old is also saying " when I'm older I'm having a sex change and want to speak to Mr. Houghton about his views " WTF!!!!

Talk about jumping on the band wagon.

I do and I dont agree with what he has said, but one thing is that the NHS here should not be funding them having this change.

You were born a fucking woman, deal with it FFS and if you dont like it, pay for it your self!!!!!

Take a look at some of the people who have to raise money for surgery, example Mike Bellis. This guy went out and RAISED the money, these are the sort of people the NHS should be helping and funding not fucking Trannys!!!

I just read on IOM online, there is someone who is under going a " transformation " but has kept there identity hidden.

If there so happy to slate Houghton, why dont they reveal who they are? Double standards, since there saying the Island has moved on etc.

Also, some 14 year old is also saying " when I'm older I'm having a sex change and want to speak to Mr. Houghton about his views " WTF!!!!

Talk about jumping on the band wagon.

I do and I dont agree with what he has said, but one thing is that the NHS here should not be funding them having this change.

You were born a fucking woman, deal with it FFS and if you dont like it, pay for it your self!!!!!

Take a look at some of the people who have to raise money for surgery, example Mike Bellis. This guy went out and RAISED the money, these are the sort of people the NHS should be helping and funding not fucking Trannys!!!

Maybe not use the exact same words but in essence I agree with Knox, I feel the whole issue was about the money implications off paying for sex change ops on the NHS, as for a 14 yr old .. why on earth would IOMNP add this to a story ??!!??

It does show something about the very bigoted and ignorant views of some in the House Of Keys. It wasn't too long since this sort of rubbish hit the news:

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-183076349.html

It isn't just Houghton.

Such bigotry and ignorance can be found in every corner of the world - probably in all of its parliaments and, most likely, even in every educational institution - so it is very wrong to point the accusing finger at House of Keys as if it was the last bastion of such antediluvian views.

At least his comments have stimulated some debate rather than - as normally happens - simply allowing legislation to be passed by the pack of unthinking nodding dogs. It may also have served to draw out some of those who were members of the so-called 'silent majority' to admit their discomfort at the direction society is taking in the legal enforcement of 'rights.'

For some, the debate may have begun to answer their fears about such matters or, at the very least, have enabled them to gain an insight into a problem that they previously didn't know about.

For all his faults (and I would still insist that the greatest of them is the arrogant belief that he represents the feelings of his constituents), he has become the 'dissenting voice' in the debate, much as Mr Karran often is on other matters and, regardless of how intolerant and ill-informed his comments may be, the 'dissenting voice' is one of the most important parts of the system (even if it does belong to a complete knob)

Try to use your brain. Things may have moved on, but the Island is a small place and transsphobia does occur. The last thing someone wants is to have the locals in the area going "Oh yeah, have you heard about so and so...", it's unneccessary, negative attention.

Besides, many would not want others to know about their past in this specific respect.

Even considering just how expensive it is, and that it would be quite impossible for many people to front that sort of money. This isn't a little bit of cosmetic surgery. And leaving others to 'live with it' just leaves them to suffer or be troubled for the rest of their life. There are lots of treatments on the NHS that could be said to have less merit, maybe even smoking related illness and obesity. But the vast majority are happy, or reasonably content about paying for their care.

Presumably on the same basis then you would deny anybody treatment on the NHS for any hereditary ailment. "Cancer you were born susceptible to it, deal with it FFS and if you dont like it, pay for it your self!!!!!"

Such bigotry and ignorance can be found in every corner of the world - probably in all of its parliaments and, most likely, even in every educational institution - so it is very wrong to point the accusing finger at House of Keys as if it was the last bastion of such antediluvian views.

At least his comments have stimulated some debate rather than - as normally happens - simply allowing legislation to be passed by the pack of unthinking nodding dogs. It may also have served to draw out some of those who were members of the so-called 'silent majority' to admit their discomfort at the direction society is taking in the legal enforcement of 'rights.'

For some, the debate may have begun to answer their fears about such matters or, at the very least, have enabled them to gain an insight into a problem that they previously didn't know about.

For all his faults (and I would still insist that the greatest of them is the arrogant belief that he represents the feelings of his constituents), he has become the 'dissenting voice' in the debate, much as Mr Karran often is on other matters and, regardless of how intolerant and ill-informed his comments may be, the 'dissenting voice' is one of the most important parts of the system (even if it does belong to a complete knob)

Yes you are right, bigotry and prejudice can be found in lots of place. It isn't just the Island. But I think the problem of liberal democracy is even greater when you have bigoted and prejudiced politicians. As it is them who cast their votes and makes decisions on the lives of the rest of people. Things could have gone a different way if more MHKs agreed with Houghton, although it would have led to the another government overruling the House of Keys.

I do not understand quite why you such see much merit in debate. The decision has already been taken to give it a second reading.

as for a 14 yr old .. why on earth would IOMNP add this to a story ??!!??

Not sure I see the problem, maybe I am not thinking about it properly. Seems perfectly fine to include the story because there is much ignorance in society in respect of transsexuals and a person's situation written in print helps give an understanding of who it affects.

Tell me in all honesty can a 14 yr old child, yes that’s right they are still a child LDV, decide that they should not be the sex they where born.

If an adult decides they where born incorrectly, that is there right as a adult, but children want many things for other reasons, to be popular, some attention, they are going through puberty and are a little confused etc.

IMO including a 14 year old wanting a sex change in the article was rather ridicules.

Tell me in all honesty can a 14 yr old child, yes that’s right they are still a child LDV, decide that they should not be the sex they where born.

If an adult decides they where born incorrectly, that is there right as a adult, but children want many things for other reasons, to be popular, some attention, they are going through puberty and are a little confused etc.

IMO including a 14 year old wanting a sex change in the article was rather ridicules.

World's youngest sex-change operation

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...-operation.html

Que LDV banging about how they cant be opressed in such a way or that they have a god given right.

No they dont by the way! There FUCKING 14 years old.

Also, Lost Login.......if you read what I put, you would see that I only disagree with people having a sex change on the NHS dip shit.

Archived