Outrage In Keys Over Transexuals' Rights Comments

bluemonday

What makes you think they can't be treated at the same time?

Anyone who pays into a national health service should have the right for fair and equitable treatment. Injuries should be treated in a priority system, not some attached arbitrarily assigned validity. If the biker has broken his neck and punctured both his lungs and I have a broken arm and one of my kids has a cracked rib, then yes, the biker gets treated first as he's likely to die.

It's off topic anyway, I'm just picking up on your ridiculous notion that the NHS shouldn't be available to everyone for injury and illness regardless of the circumstance.

Whether or not you think gender changes should be done on the NHS pretty much comes down to whether you class it as a lifestyle preference or as a medical condition.

agreed, but some cosmetic surgery is available on the NHS, flat chested women can get boob jobs to a 'normal' size, it is not a lifestyle choiuce or even a medical issue, more of a mental self esteem type issue, is that right?? it is really a physical genetic issue? that said some genetic issues should be sorted.children born with cleft palletes should have the surgery required on the NHS. same with some of the birth marks. but swapping sex?? not really up there with other things in my ( possibly short sighted ) eyes. i'm sure there are plenty of folks out there that would love to have the genitals of the opposite sex to play with?? what's the problem?? ;)

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What makes you think they can't be treated at the same time?

Anyone who pays into a national health service should have the right for fair and equitable treatment. Injuries should be treated in a priority system, not some attached arbitrarily assigned validity. If the biker has broken his neck and punctured both his lungs and I have a broken arm and one of my kids has a cracked rib, then yes, the biker gets treated first as he's likely to die.

It's off topic anyway, I'm just picking up on your ridiculous notion that the NHS shouldn't be available to everyone for injury and illness regardless of the circumstance.

Whether or not you think gender changes should be done on the NHS pretty much comes down to whether you class it as a lifestyle preference or as a medical condition.

I knew there was some rational remark coming back, I bet if the situation did happen you would be thinking soooooo different.

Well yes, if your a heavy drinker ( someone who drinks 4/5 times a week, and were talking 6+ pints at a go ) then you should be made to wait, again anothe life style choice.

Hows the treating doctor supposed to know the lifestyle choice someone made that would make them ill? Don't you see how this is almost impossible to define? So the best thing to do is not define it at all.

It goes on and on, mental illness caused by stress because of lifestyle/career choices. No treatment?

You really need a dose of what life would be like without the nhs or try to deal with a discriminatory NHS in the way you suggest.

As for my other points, well this thread is about transexuals........so my other points still stand.

But if you removed any differentiation between the sexes, there would be no transsexuals.

Well yes, if your a heavy drinker ( someone who drinks 4/5 times a week, and were talking 6+ pints at a go ) then you should be made to wait, again anothe life style choice.

Hows the treating doctor supposed to know the lifestyle choice someone made that would make them ill? Don't you see how this is almost impossible to define? So the best thing to do is not define it at all.

It goes on and on, mental illness caused by stress because of lifestyle/career choices. No treatment?

You really need a dose of what life would be like without the nhs or try to deal with a discriminatory NHS in the way you suggest.

As for my other points, well this thread is about transexuals........so my other points still stand.

But if you removed any differentiation between the sexes, there would be no transsexuals.

Your born a man or woman, simple.

How can you be a man living in a womans body, what you have moobs so that makes you a woman?

Why dont they just say, I'm gay. Its a kop out from coming out of the closet.

Maybe it's just me, but I reckon there's far more social stigma attached to a man wanted to change sex to a woman than a man saying he's gay.

I doubt a bloke saying he was gay would stir up a 13 page thread here for example. Hardly a cop out.

How can you be a man living in a womans body, what you have moobs so that makes you a woman?

Why does it matter what you are?

Why does it matter what you are?

So if Mrs. Slim turned out to be a dude you'd be happy about that?

Archived