Outrage In Keys Over Transexuals' Rights Comments

bluemonday

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Houghton has had a right ripping on the iomonline comments.

But for some reason the voting stands at 49% / 51% lol who am I sharing this island with? Im scared xD

Edit: hmm went back and checked - says "he is entitled to his opinion" 49% - well i supposed we are all entitled to an opinion, stll think that denying *human rights* to a human is questionable tho!

John Houghton must have found out all about transsexuals from that there internet google thing or something.

The guy is a complete and utter thicko and all the years as a powerful national politician has boosted his ego way beyond his intellectual capability. The years have lodged his head very far up his own arse

John Houghton must have found out all about transsexuals from that there internet google thing or something.

The guy is a complete and utter thicko and all the years as a powerful national politician has boosted his ego way beyond his intellectual capability. The years have lodged his head very far up his own arse

To be fair to him he's not the only one!

In his defence, as a politician and not a bigotted sexist, his experience of parliament has given him vast resourses and oodles of imformation to be put to good use of his constituents. However, it's a two way street and he should have remembered some of the things he has learnt about the wider world. He was probably a bigot as a child and he hasn't moved on from that. Others run away from the subjects that they don't agree with, colluded with by whoever has the power to excuse them. Any old excuse will do as long as avoidance is achieved.

It is right he should have resigned, a trawl through his committees and responsibilities should be made with the aim of removing him from any that may conflict with his outdated views of society in general.

Unfortunately for us the island has no 'muticulturalism' to speak of or I fear we may have seen the back of more politicians as they left the chamber.

A few bob spent on awareness training would be more effective than any number of seagull sculptures or organs.

Was just looking at what Wikipedia had to say about him. Tony Brown's is far more entertaining, though:

Mysterious goings on

Several rumors frequent the Island about Mr Brown, some say that he once appeared on the John Peel radio show as 'DJ Hovis' in early 1985 and that he entered negotiations with Capitol records as a result. However, he has never publicly commented on these whisperings.

Also there are several anonymous sources who claim that Mr Brown's facial hair is the real driving force behind his highly powered and successful political career. Several Studies conducted by Harvard University have looked at the relationship between man and moustache within politics. Whilst the Manx population may consider that the IOM government have made a few 'unpopular' decisions under the supervision of Mr Brown, Few would suggest that he is capable of the evil associated with Moustaches in political history.

:D

Houghton has had a right ripping on the iomonline comments.

But for some reason the voting stands at 49% / 51% lol who am I sharing this island with? Im scared xD

Edit: hmm went back and checked - says "he is entitled to his opinion" 49% - well i supposed we are all entitled to an opinion, stll think that denying *human rights* to a human is questionable tho!

I would be much more concerned that, apparently, 51% of people deny the right to an opinion to someone with whom they happen to disagree. I am left wondering just who is intolerant - Houghton or the 51%!

Evil Goblin

I would be much more concerned that, apparently, 51% of people deny the right to an opinion to someone with whom they happen to disagree. I am left wondering just who is intolerant - Houghton or the 51%!

Evil Goblin

Actually, though, the 51% voted -

"His position is untenable and he should stand down"

This is quite common on IOM Today polls - the two options are not mutually exclusive, it is possible to believe that Houghton is entitled to his opinion, but that he should down.

Archived