Outrage In Keys Over Transexuals' Rights Comments

bluemonday

LDV, would you care to give us an anarcho-syndicalist analysis of capitalism's role in the suppression of the rights of transgendered folk, or would you agree that the concept of gender is itself merely a cultural manifestation of the inequities inherent in the market system?

I am not that 'up' on anarcho-syndicalism. But do you really want me to talk about anarchism again? I would disappoint if so. I don't believe that racism, homophobia, or transphobia are due to the existence of capitalism.

Interesting part of your question, however, is your mention of cultural manifestation. Many believe that the situation for transsexuals is actually due to such people having 'the wrong brain', i.e. have a male brain instead of a female one or vice versa. I am, however, quite sceptical of this and there really isn't enough evidence to hold onto it being true.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Many believe that the situation for transsexuals is actually due to such people having 'the wrong brain', i.e. have a male brain instead of a female one or vice versa. I am, however, quite sceptical of this and there really isn't enough evidence to hold onto it being true.

There is quite alot of evidence for brain differences. Google Scholar Link

This man is a national disgrace. People have had enough of his pre-historic attitude, his arrogance, his attempts to bully and intimidate people and his abuse of office, which is well known throughout the Island. He should have the common decency to resign - that assumes he has some of course!

Many believe that the situation for transsexuals is actually due to such people having 'the wrong brain', i.e. have a male brain instead of a female one or vice versa. I am, however, quite sceptical of this and there really isn't enough evidence to hold onto it being true.

There is quite alot of evidence for brain differences. Google Scholar Link

But the problem I have with it are the normative assumptions it makes about gender.

i agree with china the ramsey side of the island certainly carry more Neanderthal genes than elsewhere..

there brains were different and there was plenty of inter-breeding in hard times..

I wouldn't be too sure of my own genetic make up if I were you - most of you Southern steers are sired by Northern studs as you well know.

I wonder if he has ever met a transexual?

How is one supposed to know? :P

Adams apples, big hands, dangly cock.

Well, he did ask.

S

What if my cock dangles?

if it's dangling ? it's slipped out of your boyfriends arse. ;)

'I stand by my comments. I represent my constituents and the majority of them will agree with what I said.'

This'll be that 'silent majority' that gets such a bad press. I didn't realise they were in Douglas. I wish they wore badges or something so we could identify them. Or wigs and high heels.

he should have the common decency to resign with comments like that and he certainly does'nt speak for the majority constituents! i think he is just looking to be in the headlines, recently he wasted police time on the whitley council.

what a berk! live & let live its 21st century... glad other politicians are distance themselves from his comments,

His constituents know what he's like, and re-elected him on a majority - so he could be right!

The legislation is long over due

All it does is recognise the right of someone who has been gender reassigned to the full benefits of their reassignment as if they had been born in that sex

What is disgusting or perverted abut that?

It is the forerunner to the long awaited bill which will allow civil partnerships. You have to deal wit this issue first, then go on to the Civil Partnership stuff for ledal reasons involving human rights

So expect a Civil Partnership Bill soon

Problem is it will concentrtae on gay and lesbian partneships rather than also dealing with all non marital living together relationships

Archived