Church Of England Bans The B N P

Chinahand

Is it ok to exclude a person from a job because of their political beliefs? Especially when that job is in the Church which is meant to be all about accepting the sinner or whatever?

BBC Link

Kinda a loaded question eh?

1. This is not a job per se. It is not like a Bank Manager, Accountant, Cashier.... I doubt they have to follow the rules and guidelines of employment.

2. Isn't it a bit silly to bring up the 'accepting the sinner' one liner again, when yet we are talking about the position of church clergy? Do you think it suitable to have a man leading a church who is a sinner? ie. thief, drug addict.....

I don't personally see an awful lot wrong with being in the BNP. However, i can see how the image of having a BNP member leading a church could be portrayed, and so if they want to ensure that this is not the case.... so be it.

Is it ok to exclude a person from a job because of their political beliefs? Especially when that job is in the Church which is meant to be all about accepting the sinner or whatever?

BBC Link

1. This is not a job per se. It is not like a Bank Manager, Accountant, Cashier.... I doubt they have to follow the rules and guidelines of employment.

2. Isn't it a bit silly to bring up the 'accepting the sinner' one liner again, when yet we are talking about the position of church clergy? Do you think it suitable to have a man leading a church who is a sinner? ie. thief, drug addict.....

I don't personally see an awful lot wrong with being in the BNP. However, i can see how the image of having a BNP member leading a church could be portrayed, and so if they want to ensure that this is not the case.... so be it.

It wouldn't really make sense to have someone be a prominent member of the Church and be a member of the BNP.

But certainly I do not think BNP members should be allowed in the police.

BBC Link

1. This is not a job per se. It is not like a Bank Manager, Accountant, Cashier.... I doubt they have to follow the rules and guidelines of employment. But it isn't just clergy - it IS bureaucrats etc who work for the admin, but have a public role.

2. Isn't it a bit silly to bring up the 'accepting the sinner' one liner again, when yet we are talking about the position of church clergy? Do you think it suitable to have a man leading a church who is a sinner? ie. thief, drug addict..... ... a homosexual - don't forget all the fuss about that little sin which is currently making the CofE get its nickers in a twist. A Christian attitude surely has to be that everyone is a sinner and you should not say one person's sin is more important than another's: motes and planks and all that. Please note I am not saying that homosexuality is a sin - I find the whole issue pathetic, but St. Paul DID.

Comments in bold. I think the whole thing an example of the cognitive dissonance typical of woolly Christians - they want to be all liberal and all things to all men - and then use illiberal methods to enforce it.

Have to agree with the previous 3 posters.

I was oonce denied entry into the armed forces because of my non-belief, apparently you have to have a religion so they know where to bury you.

Dont talk bollocks I joined the army as an athiest back in the 70's with no problems.

So an organisation that runs according to a book written by men ( but guided from above ) about an invisible being whose existence has yet to be proved one way or another is banning an organisation that seems to have some affinity with Hitler - who also wrote a book.

Is there a pattern emerging other than both organisations are largely irrelevant?

So an organisation that runs according to a book written by men ( but guided from above ) about an invisible being whose existence has yet to be proved one way or another is banning an organisation that seems to have some affinity with Hitler - who also wrote a book.

Is there a pattern emerging other than both organisations are largely irrelevant?

I don't think the BNP are irrelevant unfortunately. They have enough voters to make it clear there are issues that need to be resolved. Mainly in removing ignorance and prejudice.

Have to agree with the previous 3 posters.

I was oonce denied entry into the armed forces because of my non-belief, apparently you have to have a religion so they know where to bury you.

Dont talk bollocks I joined the army as an athiest back in the 70's with no problems.

I'm talking 1969 and I can remember the name of the recruiting sergeant.

So it's not bollocks at all, just the truth.

Archived