Learn To Play The Bagppipes

hoggersdrum

anyone wishing to learn to play the bagpipes we are setting up a class from next wedensday , this will be at the legion in Dougals from 6 30 for about an hour , tuition will be free & given by one of our accomplished pipers , if interested please ring 427771 .

anyone wishing to learn to play the bagpipes we are setting up a class from next wedensday , this will be at the legion in Dougals from 6 30 for about an hour , tuition will be free & given by one of our accomplished pipers , if interested please ring 427771 .

Do you need to have your own instrument? And, as a matter of interest, is the fingering on the chanter the same as on an irish penny whistle?

Hello Jim , for first lesson dont worry about instrument , the practice chanters are very cheap anyway , not a lot of difference in the penny whistle & chanter , finger wise , come & have a look , Tatlock work out for yourself why its on a music forum , guess there is a very sharp degree of sarcasm in your post .

On behalf of the entire population of Ramsey: thank goodness it's taking place in Douglas.

Hello Jim , for first lesson dont worry about instrument , the practice chanters are very cheap anyway , not a lot of difference in the penny whistle & chanter , finger wise , come & have a look , Tatlock work out for yourself why its on a music forum , guess there is a very sharp degree of sarcasm in your post .

I can coax a tune out of a penny whistle... I'm tempted...

Tatlock work out for yourself why its on a music forum , guess there is a very sharp degree of sarcasm in your post .

Me? Sarcasm? Never. I don't believe a word about all that haggis-munching, skirt-wearing, whiskey-slurping, goat-skin-racket-making, cheapskating, lardy-arsing, sourfacing, ne'er do well at sport - stuff I've heard aboot - the Scots are 'greet' as far as I'm concerned. Good luck with it.

Though you could always learn Manx instead.

Hmmm...anyone want a bet as to whether darts night moves to a Wednesday at the legion ;)

I understand the inventor of the bagpipes was inspired when he saw a man carrying an indignant, asthmatic pig under his arm. Unfortunately, the man-made object never equalled the purity of sound achieved by the pig. -Alfred Hitchcock

Archived