[BBC News] Crackdown on inexperienced bikers

Newsbot

...next time I'll slam on the anchors - you wank*rs.

Heh, see what you did there.

Do you mean those piaggio scooter things as mopeds? The ones that sound like hairdryers.

I have to admit that they do piss me off with the way they ride them.

What difference would that make if they just bought a bike that was already taxed?

Yes, but tax runs out eventually. It would put some people off, and with the ideas of licence plate reading cameras it would help again put people off.

There are alot of idiot bikers out there, but dont tarnish us all with the same brush please (not directed at anyone inparticular)

How about making it an offence to sell a bike without seeing the licence first?

I agree.... but does it also mean tv salesman cant sell you a tv unless you show them a tv licence?

i bought a LCD TV from M&S just before crimbo, and they asked for my name and address to see if i had a licence. i would guess they still sell you a telly but pass on your details so you can be checked up on soon after to see if you shelled out. with all the repeats that are on though my 1999 licence should cover whats on? i did the first time.

Dont they have to supply their CBT certificate when applying for a tax disc?

No, technically a 5 yr old child can own, insure and tax a vehicle as the registered keeper and designate an adult to drive a good example is a specialy adapted vehicle for a disabled child where the vehicle is in the patients name so mobility allowance gets paid direct to the leasing company who in turn tax the vehicle in the patients name, insure and register them as keeper with another person or persons being register as driver

I have to admit that they do piss me off with the way they ride them.

Do those things all come with one of the following as a free extra?

1) Hooded top

2) White shell suit

3) High Viz vest

4) Cut down L plate

Archived