Dtl New Spending - Tt Tv And Sponsorship Contract

Dhoon Boy

They have always sponsored the TT.

The TV contract looks as if it may be an additional item as Greenlight didn't have their costs underwritten. I believe that the coverage will be more of a travelog style on the ITV channels so could prove to be good value?

We'll have to see!

Yes, we'll have to see. But a monkey could make good programmes with £800,000, so the coverage can hardly be bad.

More to the point, why give it to someone in London, when every MHK on the Island has been on their hind legs all day spouting on about the importance of supporting local business?

jonnyrotten - i've just had a look through all your old posts. Nearly all of what you post is to do with the Greenlight / Government / TT situation. Do you want to declare any interests, just so we know where you're coming from?

Yep. I'm interested in the TT.

I take a passing interest in other matters as you've noticed. But I've never been asked to DECLARE an interest in them before.

jonnyrotten - i've just had a look through all your old posts. Nearly all of what you post is to do with the Greenlight / Government / TT situation. Do you want to declare any interests, just so we know where you're coming from?

Perhaps he restricts himself to subjects he knows something about, which is rather revolutionary for this forum.

S

Yes, we'll have to see. But a monkey could make good programmes with £800,000, so the coverage can hardly be bad.

More to the point, why give it to someone in London, when every MHK on the Island has been on their hind legs all day spouting on about the importance of supporting local business?

but thay might have an off shore Account here in the island so it could be back her,

see problem solved

but thay might have an off shore Account here in the island so it could be back her,

see problem solved

you can't run an economy based on secret offshore accounting gazza, everyone knows that. oh, wait a sec tho...

see problem solved

you can't run an economy based on secret offshore accounting gazza, everyone knows that. oh, wait a sec tho...

Yawn...

Because I, and i'm sure many other Tax Payers, are sick and tired off seeing contracts given to the " Old School Tie Brigade " and numpties who get contracts becuase they are in the know and have the right mates. And see them put out to a more competitive system.

I think Greenlight should have got the contract and its nothing to do with old school ties, more to do with keeping local things local, what do these London folk know about the TT races or the Isle of Man? Half the people in London dont even know we have TV's and radios.

I think Greenlight should have got the contract and its nothing to do with old school ties, more to do with keeping local things local, what do these London folk know about the TT races or the Isle of Man? Half the people in London dont even know we have TV's and radios.

I agree with the sentiment here. I know that Greenlight never got the kind of support that is being given to North One. They supported the event through thick and thin and just about broke even, but the TT was a bit like a CV to them so they were happy to do it. Maybe it was getting a bit stale but who knows what they could have done with proper funding?

I think that North One will probably make a good programme, probably due to the extra cash, and I think the Island will get some good exposure. I can't help feeling that Greenlight have been given a bit of a raw deal, a bit like Mylchreests and Honda, who have been loyal supporters over decades at no small cost to themselves. I won't even mention how I feel about the way the Manx Motorcycle Club were treated!

The minister for tourism and leisure has responded to criticism following the decision not to fund the Isle of Man Jazz Festival this year.

Martyn Quayle has issued a statement in which he expresses regret that his department cannot provide financial support.

Not surprising considering the above ! And is it just me, or shouldn't sponsorship and TV bring money in, not send it out ?

Archived