[BBC News] Houghton resigns from council

Newsbot

Tiger Lilly is definitely someone's sock puppet. Trying to make their messages look like their from a retarded teenager yet filling in their comments with phrases like 'if one agree

Yup - I sussed that too. The spelling mistakes are typical of a native speaker of English rather than a non-native speaker's and do not reflect unfamiliarity with English phonemes. The cultural references and idiomatic use of prepositions are native speaker level as well.

What's not to suss? Google 'Tiger Lily' if you have forgotten the reference.

Disregarding the deep linguistic analysis, it's such a typical internet thing: Someone has an idea for a forum poster character, a vaudeville, historical or cartoon voice - and tries it out for a few posts. Then wants to make a point they actually mean but has to either do it in the monkey mask or create a new login. Not many posters can consistently run a character for more than a few posts.

Tiger Lilly is definitely someone's sock puppet. Trying to make their messages look like their from a retarded teenager yet filling in their comments with phrases like 'if one agree

Yup - I sussed that too. The spelling mistakes are typical of a native speaker of English rather than a non-native speaker's and do not reflect unfamiliarity with English phonemes. The cultural references and idiomatic use of prepositions are native speaker level as well.

What's not to suss? Google 'Tiger Lily' if you have forgotten the reference.

Disregarding the deep linguistic analysis, it's such a typical internet thing: Someone has an idea for a forum poster character, a vaudeville, historical or cartoon voice - and tries it out for a few posts. Then wants to make a point they actually mean but has to either do it in the monkey mask or create a new login. Not many posters can consistently run a character for more than a few posts.

Yup. All my attempts (well, most of them) to avoid my long block from MF were detected quite quickly by Ans, Declan or Mission. Even attempts to appear right-wing were identified as being written by me. Of course if you are blocked then make sure you use one of the many free proxy servers to avoid detection but pretty soon your language, style of arguement or shitty spelling will get you spotted and as Wikipedia regularly blocks public open proxies maybe MF do the same.

Archived