[BBC News] UN declares Manx Gaelic 'extinct'

Newsbot

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Show those UN bell ends.

I take it Manx is your first language?

Nope, I wouldnt say English is either sometimes lol

My Mum speaks it fluently. If she gets in a strop, she'll speak it or if shes on the phone to one of her sisters and there talking about something they'll speak it.

I would love to learn Manx properly but just dont have the time at the moment with studying, maybe one day I will but just not at the moment.

Despite the recent revival in Manx language, I don't think enough is being done to preserve the associated Manx culture. I've seen roads signs that once had english and manx place names drop the manx version.

Really? Certainly in the North of the island lots of new road signs have gone up which are in Manx and English (just in case you can read Manx and not English).

I don't know about the south of the island though - I don't go there too often as they are strange down that way!

aye we probably speak a laguage you have only ever heard mentioned on forums.

My Mum speaks it fluently. If she gets in a strop, she'll speak it or if shes on the phone to one of her sisters and there talking about something they'll speak it.

Didn't she used to be a bloke?

:lol: Haha SO funny.

I was wondering when your fugly ass was going to show and you brought your boyfriend also.

Unilang Gaelg is an open forum in and about Manx. There are also groups on facebook and skype - besides that there are homepages, blogs, and even a f Manx version of Wikipediap://gv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaelg"]wikipedia[/url]. You'd expect a bit better research from UNESCO, but to be fair the point of their Language Atlas is to highlight the importance of preserving all varieties humankind's greatest achievement - language. Vel peiagh erbee geearee cur snaie noa er bun ayns Gaelg er Manx Forums?

Archived