[BBC News] Road crash death 'was accident'

Newsbot

The death of a 28-year-old woman who crashed into a wall in Onchan was an accident, a coroner rules.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7903511.stm

A verdict of accidental death was recorded by coroner Michael Moyle at the inquest on Saturday. i think they say that just so it's not so much hard blow for the family&close friends to take. & I THINK THAT'S RIGHT TO!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think they say that just so it's not so much hard blow for the family&close friends to take. & I THINK THAT'S RIGHT TO!

I don't agree - it sends the wrong message to the other idiots (future road statistics) on the Island.

You don't accidently drive while drunk without a seatbelt.

i think they say that just so it's not so much hard blow for the family&close friends to take. & I THINK THAT'S RIGHT TO!

I don't agree - it sends the wrong message to the other idiots (future road statistics) on the Island.

You don't accidently drive while drunk without a seatbelt.

Agreed. At least the stupid bint only killed herself, and didn't take any innocent people with her.

I don't agree. As long as you wear a seatbelt and don't drink you'll be fine in any car. That's a wrong message.

what other verdict could have been found - she obviously didn't set out to kill herself, nor was anyone else responsible for forcing her to drive. Maybe our lawyer could indicate the legal difference between misadventure and accidental death - I interpret the former to indicate that some particular set of circumstances conspired against what in the past had been a safe (tho a la TT) possibly risky operation voluntarily undertaken.

We can all pass judgement and may be locals can confirm that this stretch is indeed a racetrack - unfortuneately statistics would indicate that those caught speeding repeat the offence so maybe it was lucky that only she and a friend were involved in this.

boo bullshi7 as i been at a seen of a accident that Involved a deaf over 6 years a go. that Involved a hell of a lot of finger pointing & blaming in the courts & it's still not sorted. it just crack's up the family & friend's. to go court blaming & nit picking in a case like that it would be a wast of the courts money.....n0oberts!

what other verdict could have been found - she obviously didn't set out to kill herself, nor was anyone else responsible for forcing her to drive. Maybe our lawyer could indicate the legal difference between misadventure and accidental death - I interpret the former to indicate that some particular set of circumstances conspired against what in the past had been a safe (tho a la TT) possibly risky operation voluntarily undertaken.

We can all pass judgement and may be locals can confirm that this stretch is indeed a racetrack - unfortuneately statistics would indicate that those caught speeding repeat the offence so maybe it was lucky that only she and a friend were involved in this.

yeah it's not like she planed it omg

I don't agree. As long as you wear a seatbelt and don't drink you'll be fine in any car. That's a wrong message.

don't forget speeding too!! i think sober with seatbelt and not speeding is likely to have much better odds of keeping you 'fine' than sober, seat belted and speeding!

yeah it's not like she planed it omg

who does plan to have an accident to kill themselves?? if it's planned it can't be an accident, it's suicide. the issue is was the incident preventable? and without the speed,seatbelt and booze issues, i think it was unlikely to have ended in a death or even an 'accident'. she may well still have crashed on the glacier we keep hearing about but i think she'd still be here.

At least the stupid bint only killed herself

I'm beginning to see how apt your username is.

If driving too fast on an icy road under the influence of alcohol without a seatbelt isn't stupid, i don't know what is.

She definately qualifies for 'stupid bint' status.

I don't remember reading about speeding in this case.

the speed has not been determined because of the icey conditions and therefore lack of actual skid marks, but it has been mentioned as a possibillity/probabillity but without the actual eveidence to back it up. but i believe the markings showed the vehicle went completely onto the opposite carriageway and hit the kerb, and then came back to it's own side the road and had enough speed/inertia to flatten a few feet of stone wall end on!. that is quite a distance ( though the ice helped the situation ) to travel and still have enough speed to damage the car enough to need the person cutting out!! i would expect a 140mph+ car designed for rally purposes to come off a bit better than that in a crash within the speed limit.

Archived