[BBC News] Road crash death 'was accident'

Newsbot

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Name calling is bang out of order.Maybe if you were talking to your friends privately but to write it on a forum is crass.

We could easily be talking about the story of the woman who was driving too fast on an icy road under the influence of alcohol without a seatbelt, who hit a car carrying a family of four heading in the other direction...

Ever known anyone who's been killed in a car accident involving a drunk driver? Too many people are killed on the roads by idiots like her. There's no excuse for it. I stand by what i said.

who does plan to have an accident to kill themselves?? if it's planned it can't be an accident, it's suicide. the issue is was the incident preventable? and without the speed,seatbelt and booze issues, i think it was unlikely to have ended in a death or even an 'accident'. she may well still have crashed on the glacier we keep hearing about but i think she'd still be here.

As mentioned.... there are no accidents !!

i would expect a 140mph+ car designed for rally purposes to come off a bit better than that in a crash within the speed limit.

the road going car is northing like the rally car, no where near, might look the same but thats about the only thing that has been designed to be used between the road going and the rally car, and then im sure u find the rally shell is slighlty diffrent

Name calling is bang out of order.Maybe if you were talking to your friends privately but to write it on a forum is crass.

totally agree....

Thoroughly agree.

Based on my understanding of the available verdicts, accidental death is the most appropriate in the circumstances described. However, I'm not sure the range of available verdicts is adequate - it somehow doesn't seem appropriate to group someone who was driving illegally (over the drink drive limit, and too fast, especially considering the icy conditions) with someone who was driving legally and who faced unforeseen and realistically unavoidable circumstances (e.g. person / animal running into the road). Would the verdict have been the same if someone other than the driver had been killed?

totally agree....

Thoroughly agree.

Based on my understanding of the available verdicts, accidental death is the most appropriate in the circumstances described. However, I'm not sure the range of available verdicts is adequate - it somehow doesn't seem appropriate to group someone who was driving illegally (over the drink drive limit, and too fast, especially considering the icy conditions) with someone who was driving legally and who faced unforeseen and realistically unavoidable circumstances (e.g. person / animal running into the road). Would the verdict have been the same if someone other than the driver had been killed?

Surely the purpose of the verdict is to indicate whether further action is required - ie: if somebody was at fault, they would need to be brought to book. Where it is shown that nobody was to blame but the deceased, there is no point in any other verdict but accident or suicide.

S

:o

if drunk driver person kill 1 person or big famly, every person on island be very very mad

so it not rite that drunk person have very very bad acident, hurt pasenger, and jugde say - Oh just acident !

not good jugde not wish to upset any body if person drivin drunk

"death wile drivin under influenc from drink" much more proper

At least the stupid bint only killed herself

I'm beginning to see how apt your username is.

If driving too fast on an icy road under the influence of alcohol without a seatbelt isn't stupid, i don't know what is.

She definately qualifies for 'stupid bint' status.

and a Darwin Award nomination.

At least the stupid bint only killed herself

I'm beginning to see how apt your username is.

If driving too fast on an icy road under the influence of alcohol without a seatbelt isn't stupid, i don't know what is.

She definately qualifies for 'stupid bint' status.

and a Darwin Award nomination.

no we all know 'darwin' closes threads. it does if you're fucking about with electric cables in a pool anyway. perhaps dying drunk at the wheel is more common and the thread will remain open??

Archived